- Alice Chess. Play this classic variant in which pieces switch between boards whenever they move. (Recognized!) Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Fusion Diamond 41. A Fusion Chess variant played on a diamond shaped board of 41 squares. By Fergus Duniho.
- Go. Play Go with Game Courier. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Mir Chess. Play this variant that is mid-powered between Chess and Shatranj. Author: Fergus Duniho and David Paulowich. Inventor: David Paulowich.
- Motorotor. Play this small variant with a rotating board. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Gavin King.
- Shatra. Old game from the Altai from Russia, on special shaped board with draughts-like capture. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Ultima. Game where each type of piece has a different capturing ability. (Recognized!) Author: Antoine Fourrière and Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Robert Abbott.
- Wormhole Chess. When a piece leaves a square, it `folds' together. By Fergus Duniho.
|8 'Play by mail item' entries listed||1 'Three dimensional' entry listed|
|2 'Small board' entries listed||1 'From ancient times' entry listed|
|3 'Unorthodox shaped board' entries listed||8 'In a category all its own' entries listed|
Total items listed: 8