Starts with the letter 'D'
- Danadazo. Game played on the 47 edges of a grid with rounded corners, borrowing elements from Tafl. (Cells: 47) By Jared B. McComb.
- Defensive Chess. White king is not royal, and Red units (except king) cannot go beyond the midline. If White has not won by 50 moves, Red wins. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Dienbienphu Chess. Unequal armies chess variant: FIDE chess against Quang Trung Chess. By Vu Q Vo.
- Different Armies. Various black armies versus the standard white army. By Roger Cooper.
- Different Armies Chess . Missing description Author: João Pedro Neto. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Divine Wind. Maharajah and the Sepoys extended to Shogi. (9x9, Cells: 81) By Daniel Robert MacDuff.
- Dracula and the Zombies. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Daniel Robert MacDuff.
- Dragon Chess. Regular chess army against a single, 3x3, unwieldy but powerful piece. By kittytac.
- Drop Chess. Players can select from nine chess armies on an 8x8 or 9x9 board. (9x9, Cells: 81) By Key McKinnis.
- Drunken Nights. A toned down version of the Nutty Knights for Chess with different Armies. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Jörg Knappen.
- Dune Chess. Chess variant based on the Dune novels of Frank Herbert. By Larry L. Smith.
- Dunsany Chess . 32 pawns play against a full set of pieces. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Edward John Morton Drax Plunkett.
- Dunsany's chess . 32 pawns play against a full set of pieces. Author: Uwe Wiedemann. Inventor: Edward John Morton Drax Plunkett.
- Dunsany's Chess. 32 pawns play against a full set of pieces. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Edward John Morton Drax Plunkett.
Total items listed: 14