Starts with the letter 'A'
- A Chaturanga Problem by Bas de Haas. Mate in two moves, following Chaturanga rules. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Bas de Haas.
- Abagoren Macedonian Chess . Missing description By Malcolm Webb.
- Alfil. Jumps two diagonally (see Alfil). Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Alfonso X book. Website with pictures from historical book on games.
- Ancient Bulgarian Chess. Web page in Bulgarian with an English version of the page. Slow.
- Ancient Chess. Site dedicated to the history and evolution of Chess! Author: Rick Knowlton.
- Archchess. Large chess variant from 17th century Italy. (10x10, Cells: 100) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Dr. Francesco Piacenza.
- Archchess. Late 17th chess variant from Italy on large board with pieces which include modern queen and squirrel. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Dr. Francesco Piacenza.
- ArchCourier Chess. This game is Courier Chess expert Eric Greenwood's modernization of Courier Chess. (12x8, Cells: 96) By Eric V. Greenwood.
Total items listed: 9