- Bluff Chess. Players moving their pieces into danger may risk losing the game. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Robbie Manson.
- Dark Chess variants. Possible other rules for Dark(ness) Chess. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Dennis Merritt and Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Dennis Merritt.
- Delayed Chess. Only see your opponent's moves that are two moves old. Author: Karl Scherer. Inventor: Peter Obermair.
- Kriegspiel Zillions v 2.0 file . Zillions file to play Kriegspiel against the computer. The human player's pieces are not hidden. By Andreas Kaufmann.
- Lag Chess. The last move made by your opponent is not known to you. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Ralph Betza.
- Stealth Bomber Chess. Each player secretly picks a bomber piece. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Touring Chess. Pieces can either move normally or leap on a Knight's tour only known in advance to the referee. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Ralph Betza.
|6 'Game' entries listed||2 'Zillions of Games file' entries listed|
|8 'Hidden information' entries listed||1 'In a category all its own' entry listed|
Total items listed: 8