Contest: design a chess variant on 42 squaresIn July 2001, a contest to design a chess variant on a board with 42 squares starts. On this webpage, you will find the links to the submitted games, rules of the contest, the winners, etc...
- The Challenge: Design a chess variant on 42 squares. Rules of the contest. Deadline for submissions of games: March 31, 2002.
The Results Are InLook here for more information.
- Cannons and Crabs, by David Short.
- Mercurial Chess, by Mark Hedden.
- Capture the Flag Chess, by Thomas Cameron.
- Xiangqi 42, by Robert Price.
- By Rook or By Crook, by Jeff Rients.
- Evolution Chess, by Jason D. Wittman.
- Mini Thunder Chess, by Fergus Duniho. 2nd Place (tie)
- Interdependent Chess, by Fergus Duniho. Honorable Mention
- Goal Box Chess, by Kevin McPartland. 4th Place
- Hibryd III, by Jared B. McComb.
- Thronschach, by Glenn E. Overby II. 5th Place
- Dino-Czars, by Clark Rodeffer.
- Litróf, by Glenn E. Overby II. Honorable Mention
- Border Wars, by Jared B. McComb. 2nd Place (tie)
- The One Ring, by Robert Price.
- Life, the Universe and Everything, by João Pedro Neto. 1st Place
- Hitchhiker Chess, by W.D. Troyka.
- Chameleon Chess, by P.D. Magnus.
- Regulator Chess, by Samuel H. Bell. Honorable Mention
- Neighbors, by Rob Nierse.
- Bachelor Chess, by Doug Chatham.
- Mulligan Stew Chess, by Peter Aronson.
- Arena Chess 42, by David Howe.
- Shifting Sands, by Tony Quintanilla.
- Wiz-42, by Jared B. McComb.
- A Silly 42-Square Board, by Jared McComb.
- Afterlife Chess, by Luiz Carlos Campos.
SponsorsPrizes of this contest are kindly donated by:
More linksSee also:
Written by Hans Bodlaender. Maintained by Peter Aronson.
WWW page created: June 19, 2001. Last modified: August 2, 2001.