Zillions of Games file for Simple Marseillais Chess
This is a zip file of a rules file for Zillions of Games and its accompanying graphics. Zillions of Games is a Windows program that will let you play any puzzle or strategy board game you can feed it the rules and graphics for.
Instructions on downloading this Zillions file:
- Download the .zip file
- Extract the contents of the .zip file to your Zillions of Games folder
- Be sure to keep the folder structure intact when you extract the files.
By Fergus Duniho.
This is a simplified version of Marseillais Chess. It is played like Chess with the following exceptions: 1. Each Player normally has two moves per turn. 2. The second move of a turn is allowed only when no Kings are in check. 3. Although a Pawn may move twice in a turn, it may not make the two-step initial move available in Chess. 4. Pawns may not capture each other by en passant. 5. The object is to capture the enemy King. 6. 3-times repetition is a loss. 7. A player who cannot move must pass. This ZRF requires version 2.0 of Zillions of Games
The board used for this game has 8 row(s), 8 column(s), 64 cells/squares.
This game is a 2 player game.
- Browse items that also start with the letter S.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Si.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Sim.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Marseillais Chess. Move twice per turn. (8x8, Cells: 64) (Recognized!) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender and Antoine Fourrière.
- Marseillais Chess. Move twice per turn. (Recognized!) Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Marseillais Chess . Move twice per turn. Author: Young-Hyun Joo.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'MarseillaisChess' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)