This is a rules file for Zillions of Games, a Windows program that will let you play any puzzle or strategy board game you can feed it the rules to. With Zillions-of-Games installed, this rules file will let you play this game against your computer.
Omega Transplant is played like standard chess except for following modifications:
1. Flexible Castling - The king can castle by moving 1 to 4 squares towards rook. The rook always ends up next to the king on the other side as in standard chess. The same rules: cannot castle out of check, king cannot pass over squares attacked by enemy etc apply.
The choice of castling depends on whether it is more desirable to immediately have the rook in the center file or the king tucked away at the wing.
Note: When carrying out 1 step castling, Zillions pops up a box asking to choose a move.
The second move indicating kings move AND the rook to move to king square is the castling move.
2. The standard pawn move is modified slightly â€“ it can now move 1,2, or 3 squares initially. It can also move two spaces forward if it moved only 1 space or captured from original position.
En-passant is modified to accommodate this. A pawn that attempts to bypass an enemy pawn by making a double or triple move is captured En-passant.
This En-passant only applied to standard pawns. Ninja pawns cannot capture or be captured this way.
3. Pawns and ninja pawns promote in the last rank to any piece.
4. The larger board and the movement of the new pieces: the Ninja Pawn, Warmachine Alfil, and the Camel Ferz .
A Ninja Pawn moves straight ahead any number of empty squares from its starting position to center of board.
It can also move 1 square sideways.
It captures diagonally up like a standard pawn.
The Ninja Pawn also captures sideways when in enemy territory.
Ninja pawns can promote to any piece except a King.
Ninja pawns cannot capture or be captured En Passant
4 Ninja Pawns can enter into the game from the side's 2nd rank
A player can drop the pawn and pass, or drop and make the forward thrusting move (1- multiple squares towards the center).
Instructions on downloading this Zillions file:
- Download the .zip file
- Extract the contents of the .zip file to your Zillions of Games folder
- Be sure you have the "Use folder names" checkbox checked when you extract the files.
This 'user submitted' page is a collaboration between the posting user and the Chess Variant Pages. Registered contributors to the Chess Variant Pages have the ability to post their own works, subject to review and editing by the Chess Variant Pages Editorial Staff.
By Charles Daniel.
Web page created: 2008-07-10. Web page last updated: 2008-07-10