Birds and Ninjas
This is a rules file for Zillions of Games, a Windows program that will let you play any puzzle or strategy board game you can feed it the rules to. With Zillions-of-Games installed, this rules file will let you play this game against your computer.Birds and Ninjas is played like standard chess except for the new pieces: the Flying Bomber and the Ninja Guard; flexible castling, extended pawn movement /en-passant rules, and rules concerning drops to bring the Ninja Pawns into the game.
*** Instructions for Dropping Ninja Pawns ****
This special pawn can move/capture like a regular pawn as well as move 1 space sideways. When in enemy territory it can also capture 1 space sideways. It can move 1-multiple spaces toward the center and en-passant does not apply.Up to 4 Ninja Pawns (1 per turn) can be dropped to the 2nd rank, and you can optionally make the forward thrust in the same move.
Clicking on an empty square on 2nd rank will drop a ninja pawn. The program then waits for you to make the forward thrusting move.
If you choose not to make the forward move, CLICK ON the ICON for PASS MOVE or from the menu: Select PLAY and then choose PASS MOVE.
- No Ninja Pawn Drop - Board 1 is played with no ninja pawn drops
- Configuration #2 - is the same game but played with a different setup.
- Board 2 is played with no ninja pawn drops
- Board 2 is played with Capture the Scepter rules. You can win by getting your king to opponent's rear 2 squuares. The 4 Ninja Pawns can be dropped only in the rear 2 squares and cannot be pushed in same move here.
Instructions on downloading this Zillions file:
- Download the .zip file
- Extract the contents of the .zip file to your Zillions of Games folder
- Be sure you have the "Use folder names" checkbox checked when you extract the files.
This 'user submitted' page is a collaboration between the posting user and the Chess Variant Pages. Registered contributors to the Chess Variant Pages have the ability to post their own works, subject to review and editing by the Chess Variant Pages Editorial Staff.
By Charles Daniel.
Web page created: 2008-08-29. Web page last updated: 2008-08-29