drops Pieces can be held in reserve and dropped. Pieces may simply be allotted at the beginning of the game ("pocket" pieces), or voluntarily moved from the board to reserve, or captured pieces may be put into reserve (usually changing sides).
Pages with tag drops:
- Tandem Chess. 4 player variant where pieces taken from your opponent are given to your partner. (8x8x2, Cells: 128) (Recognized!)
- csipgs Chess. Design and buy new chess pieces during play. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- For the Crown. A commercial crossover with deck-building games. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Hostage Chess. Pieces taken are held hostage and can be exchanged against other pieces and then dropped. (8x8, Cells: 64) (Recognized!)
- Shogi. Missing description (9x9, Cells: 81) (Recognized!)