The Shape: Cells Tag
The cells of the game board are not squares or hexagons (for the latter, see the corresponding Category).
- Dürer's Chess. Dürer's Chess, played on a board of 151 tessellating pentagons and diamonds. (Cells: 151)
- Matrix Chess. Chess played on a tessellation of pentagons and diamonds. The name comes from the matrix in which diamonds are found. (14x14, Cells: 196)
- Solar Chess. 2 to 6 players on a hexagonal board with quadrilateral tiles and Shogi-inspired drop rules.
- Pentagonal - Games played on pentagonal boards
- Triagonal - Games played on triagonal boards