Unknown Drop Shogi
RulesRules are the same as Shogi, except as follows:
- When you drop a piece, the opponent will not necessarily know what kind of piece it is.
- Normal shogi rules for drops still apply, except that dropping a pawn to cause checkmate is not disallowed.
- Your opponent might not always know whether or not they are in check.
- If you promote, opponent knows that you promoted, but not necessarily what kind of piece.
- When you capture opponent's piece which is unknown to you, you will learn whether or not it is pawn, but other than that will remain unknown.
This 'user submitted' page is a collaboration between the posting user and the Chess Variant Pages. Registered contributors to the Chess Variant Pages have the ability to post their own works, subject to review and editing by the Chess Variant Pages Editorial Staff.
By (zzo38) A. Black.
Web page created: 2011-02-11. Web page last updated: 2018-08-14