- C=Copper: Backward, Forward, or diagonally forward.
- S=Silver,G=Gold,P=Pawn,K=King: Same as Shogi.
- R=Rook,N=Knight: Same as Chess.
- A=Arrow: Same as Shogi fragrant chariot (lance).
- X=Star: Moves 1 space diagonally. When it captures, it stays where it is and you get another turn.
- I=Point: Moves 1 space orthogonally. When it captures, it stays where it is and you get another turn.
All rules of Shogi apply. There is no promotion in this game. Any piece can leave the board on the opponent's side, and when it does, it goes onto your bench, so you can drop it later. When a pawn is dropped, you get another turn, but you can not drop a pawn directly in front of opponent's king. Spaces marked # are spaces that if you move in to you get another turn, and must move out of it on that extra turn.
NotesAbout moving the same pawn you dropped or moving the same star or point twice, you can play both ways, allowing you to repeat with that piece, or not allowing it. The allowing system is called Allowance U12-Shogi, denying it is called Denyance U12-Shogi.
This 'user submitted' page is a collaboration between the posting user and the Chess Variant Pages. Registered contributors to the Chess Variant Pages have the ability to post their own works, subject to review and editing by the Chess Variant Pages Editorial Staff.
By (zzo38) A. Black.
Web page created: 2005-09-09. Web page last updated: 2005-09-09