Symmetric Snark Hunting
This is symmetric version of SNARK HUNT game.
ssssss rnqknr pppppp ##.... ...... ...### ...... ##.... PPPPPP RNQKNR SSSSSS
- Wall (#): Nothing can step here and it cannot move (knights and boojums first step leaping over it is OK). (It is neutral piece; not black and white.)
- Snark (S): Move one step any direction, or can change into a Boojum and make such move.
- Boojum (J): Move as a queen but must move more than one space; leaps over the one space (without affecting it) regardless of what is standing there.
- Pawn (or fork) (P): As FIDE pawn, no initial double step. Promote on last row to a Rook, Knight, Queen, or King, of either color.
- Knight (or banker) (N): As FIDE knight, or move one space orthogonal.
- Rook (or barrister) (R): As FIDE rook, or move two space diagonal with leaping.
- Queen (or bellman) (Q): As FIDE queen.
- King (or baker) (K): As FIDE king. However, there is no check (so, moving into check is permitted), and castling is only queenside (king two spaces queensway, rook over it; moving into/out/through check is permitted).
Rules is like FIDE chess, but no check/mate/castling/enpassan. King and Snark are called royal pieces. Lose if you have only one royal piece remaining, or if you have no legal move.
This 'user submitted' page is a collaboration between the posting user and the Chess Variant Pages. Registered contributors to the Chess Variant Pages have the ability to post their own works, subject to review and editing by the Chess Variant Pages Editorial Staff.
By (zzo38) A. Black.
Web page created: 2012-11-27. Web page last updated: 2012-11-27