Same as Xiang-Qi, in front of your king is the Dragon.
PiecesSame as Xiang-Qi, except:
- Dragon: On your side of river, as rook or chinese-horse, on opponent side of river, one space diagonally or as chinese-elephant
- Chariot: On your side of the river it can only go one space.
- Cannon: On your side of the river it can only go one space when not capturing.
- Elephant/Prime-Minister: Which ever side of the river it is on, it cannot cross
- Mandarin/King's-Guard: Wherever it is dropped, it cannot cross the river or move into/out of a palace.
It is like Xiang-Qi but you can also drop pieces you captured from oppoent like in Shogi (but don't use pawn-drop restrition rule of Shogi). The pieces can be made of something that is another color on the other side. Also, use black/white for this game instead of red/blue pieces (black goes first). You may not drop pieces in same column of either player's king.
This 'user submitted' page is a collaboration between the posting user and the Chess Variant Pages. Registered contributors to the Chess Variant Pages have the ability to post their own works, subject to review and editing by the Chess Variant Pages Editorial Staff.
By (zzo38) A. Black.
Web page created: 2006-01-11. Web page last updated: 2006-01-11