Same as normal Shogi but replace each square with a 2x2 area (4 squares), each of those 4 squares containing the type of piece that would normally be in that square. So this game would have 18x18=324 squares, and 20x4=80 pieces for each player. Promotion zone is five rows.
- Foot Soldier (Pawn): One or two spaces straight forward.
- Gold General: Same as Shogi but one or two spaces (may jump if necessary, but cannot jump over an opponent's king).
- Silver General: Same as Shogi but one or two spaces (may jump if necessary, but cannot jump over an opponent's king).
- Honored Horse: Moves 4 or 2 forward, followed by 2 or 1 sideways. May jump, just like the Shogi Honored Horse.
- Fragrant Chariot: Same as Shogi.
- Flying Chariot: Same as Shogi.
- Angle Mover: Same as Shogi.
- Dragon King: As Flying Chariot or Silver General.
- Dragon Horse: As Angle Mover or Gold General.
- King: Same as Shogi but one or two spaces (may jump if necessary, but cannot jump over an opponent's king). Also, all your kings must be connected by edges or corners at all times.
RulesRules same as Shogi apply. You win when you capture all of your opponent's kings. You may never drop kings, and you may not have more than two unpromoted pawns of your own in the same column. Also you may not make a move that 2 kings of opposite teams face each others as rooks with nothing in between (telepotency).
This 'user submitted' page is a collaboration between the posting user and the Chess Variant Pages. Registered contributors to the Chess Variant Pages have the ability to post their own works, subject to review and editing by the Chess Variant Pages Editorial Staff.
By (zzo38) A. Black.
Web page created: 2005-11-16. Web page last updated: 2005-11-16