IntroductionThis game you can destroy your own pieces. Please read the rules section of this document to see how
I know the game Kamikaze chess, and one that white has small advantage to destroy your own pieces, but I have idea to compound it and make it optional, and do for both players.
RulesFollows rules of FIDE chess, but:
- You may capture your own pieces.
- Whenever you capture (except with the king), you may optionally destroy the piece capturing it as well.
- Instead of moving, you may immediately destroy one of your own pieces (except the king).
- You lose if you have no legal moves.
- Destroying your own pieces usually does not help you.
- It might be possible to make checkmate by destroying one of your own pawns to cause discovered check.
- Probably these destroy your own pieces is more useful with pawns, and probably is less often useful with other type of pieces.
- This can be used to block smothered mate.
- Sometimes you can be forced to destroy your own pieces if you don't have any other moves.
- If you self-trap a piece, you can just capture your own pieces which are trapping it.
- You can capture using kamikaze to prevent a pawn from recapturing and unblocking a column.
Please tell me if anyone has played this game. See if you like to play.
This 'user submitted' page is a collaboration between the posting user and the Chess Variant Pages. Registered contributors to the Chess Variant Pages have the ability to post their own works, subject to review and editing by the Chess Variant Pages Editorial Staff.
By (zzo38) A. Black.
Web page created: 2005-06-13. Web page last updated: 2005-06-13