Grand chess + Tamerlane chess
R - - - - - - - - - - R E M H S C V V C S H M E L N B A D Q K O I B N L P P P P P P P P P P P P - - P - - P P - - P - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P - - P P - - P - - P P P P P P P P P P P P L N B A D Q K O I B N L E M H S C V V C S H M E R D - - - - - - - - D R
* Leaper can pass pieces.
Rook(R) : It moves any number of squares orthogonally.
Lance(L) : It moves any number of squares orthogonally. but it can only move forward.
Deacon(E) : A 1x1 or 2x2 leaper.
Ram(M) : It moves as a Bishop but it must hop over a intervening piece to move.
Prophet(H) : Leaper. A 3x0 or 3x1 leaper.
Seer(S) : Leaper. A 2x0 or 3x2 leaper.
Revealer(V) : Leaper. A 1x0 or 3x3 leaper.
Cannon(C) : it moves as a Rook but it must hop over a intervening piece to move.
Knight(N) : Leaper. A 2x1 leaper.
Bishop(B) : It moves any number of squares diagonally.
Arch(A) : It moves one square diagonally and then any number of squares in an outward orthogonal direction like a Rook. but when there is a piece on the diagonal first step of its move, it cannot move in that direction and cannot capture the piece.
Priest(I) : It moves one square orthogonally and then any number of squares in an outward diagonal direction like a Bishop. when there is a piece on the orthogonal first step of its move, it cannot move in that direction and cannot capture the piece.
Queen(Q) : It moves like the Rook, or the Bishop.
Pope(O) : It moves like the Rook, or leaps like the Knight.
Cardinal(D) : It moves like the Bishop, or leaps like the Knight.
King(K) : It moves one square orthogonally or diagonally.
- When your King is checkmated, you are defeated.
Pawn(P) : It moves one square orthogonally forward but cannot capture with this move. It captures a piece diagonally forward one square to the left or right.
1. Pawns on the 4th rank can move 2 squares orthogonally forward when they first move.
2. There is en passant.
3. But there is no castling.
4. Pawn and Lance that has reached 9th, 10th, or 11th rank can be promoted.
- Pawn and Lance can only be promoted to a friendly piece that has been captured.
- Pawn and Lance that refused to be promoted must reach the next rank in order to be promoted again.
5. Pawn and Lance that has reached last(12th) rank must be promoted.
- If there is no friendly piece that has been captured, the Pawn and Lance on the 11th rank cannot reach the last rank.
- But the Pawn and Lance on the 11th rank can still give a check.
6. Other rules are same as Orthodox chess.
Estimated Piece Value :
Pawn : 1
Lance : 1.5
Ram : 2.5
Revealer : 3
Deacon : 3
Knight : 3
Cannon : 3.5
Seer : 4
Bishop : 4
Prophet : 4
Rook : 5.5
Priest : 6
Arch : 7.5
Cardinal : 7.5
Pope : 9.5
Queen : 11
Example game. White(Me) vs Black(4 ply AI)
1. i6 Sd8 2. b5 Bd11 3. h5 Sa10 4. Bb4 d7 5. Pg6 Md9 6. e6 Sk8 7. Ni4 Rae12 8. l6 Rlg12 9. l7 Si11 10. Vi5 Hd8 11. Vg5 Ha7 12. Ba5 Vd8 13. Vxd8 Sxd8 14. Sd5 Sxd5 15. Hxd5 Vi8 16. Sg5 Vxi5 17. Sj7 Oi12 18. Sl10 Og11 19. Sxi10 Oxi10 20. Hxi5 Hi8 21. Raf1 Hxi5 22. jxi5 h7 23. Rf2 hxg6 24. hxg6 Cxh2 25. Rxh2 Mxi4 26. Mxi4 Ch11 27. Bxe9 Qxe9 28. Dd2 Qf10 29. Cxe10 Rxe10 30. Re2 Si8 31. Rl5 Ag11 32. Da5 Qxa5 33. Nxa5 Axh3 34. Kxh3 Sxi5 35. Qf2 Sxl5 36. kxl5 Oh10 37. Ki2 Ni11 38. b6 Hd8 39. Hxd8 cxd8 40. Mc3 Re7 41. d6 Rg7 42. exd7 Rf12 43. Mf6 Rf10 44. Mxb10 Rxd7 45. Re11 Bc12 46. Md12 Rd10 47. Ae9 Kh9 48. Rxh11 Oxh11 49. Qh4 Rh7 50. gxh7 Pg7 51. Md9 Be10 52. Bf7 g8 53. hxg8 Ki8 54. Bg6 Ki7 55. Ik4
Priest Checkmate White Win
This 'user submitted' page is a collaboration between the posting user and the Chess Variant Pages. Registered contributors to the Chess Variant Pages have the ability to post their own works, subject to review and editing by the Chess Variant Pages Editorial Staff.
By Daphne Snowmoon.
Web page created: 2020-05-19. Web page last updated: 2020-06-07