This page contains one or more presets for playing game online with Game Courier, an online server for playing Chess variants by correspondence.
The rules are as in orthodox chess except as noted below:
- There is no castling.
- In addition to checkmate, a side can also win if its king can flee to the squares a4 or a5.
- An Ice Queen can checkmate by merely checking (see Ice Queen moves).
- The unused squares (a4,a5) do not hinder the movement of any pieces. A piece can prevent a king from escaping to a4 or a5 by capturing even if it must land on a4 or a5 to capture the king. E.g. Black flying bomber on a7 prevents white from moving king to a4 since a7-a3 is threatened or to go to a5 since a7-a4 is threatened.
- Pawns promote on the last rank to Ice Queen, ninja-guard, flying bomber or knight.
- All rules governing draws including stalemate are exactly as in orthodox chess
More Game Info
This 'user submitted' page is a collaboration between the posting user and the Chess Variant Pages. Registered contributors to the Chess Variant Pages have the ability to post their own works, subject to review and editing by the Chess Variant Pages Editorial Staff.
By Charles Daniel.
Web page created: 2007-11-18. Web page last updated: 2007-11-18