My son is too strong a chess player for me now.
In order to be competitive, I had to find a way to slightly change the rules without making them much more complicated.
I am a board game designer in my free time and I published a few games.
This game follows the rules of Chess except as follows:
- Majority Rule: A piece can only be moved if, in total, there are at least as many pieces of its own colour in its file as there are pieces of the opponent's colour.
- A piece that cannot be moved cannot be attacking other pieces.
- If a piece cannot be moved, it cannot give check.
- It is possible to reach a stalemate due to the Majority Rule.
If it is White turn:
- The White King is not under attack because in the e file there are more White pieces than Black pieces. The Black Queen and Rook cannot be moved and they are not attacking.
- All White pieces can be moved.
- The Pawn in f4 can be moved because the number of pieces in the e file is tied.
- Bf3 is a stalemate because no Black pieces will be able to move
If it is Black turn:
- Only the Black Knight can be moved
Re6#: the Black King cannot be moved and is under attack
This 'user submitted' page is a collaboration between the posting user and the Chess Variant Pages. Registered contributors to the Chess Variant Pages have the ability to post their own works, subject to review and editing by the Chess Variant Pages Editorial Staff.
By Emiliano "Wentu" Venturini.
Last revised by Emiliano "Wentu" Venturini.
Web page created: 2022-06-20. Web page last updated: 2022-07-24