Limited Ranged Guards Chess
- p=Pawn: One space straight forward. Captures same way. When moves past the end, replace it with a piece from your bench (and make it into your own piece) and put the pawn anywhere on the board. (The piece is placed at the last sqaure that the now-exited pawn had occupied.)
- K=King: Moves same as king in chess. No check/mate, castling. When captured, you lose the game.
- 4,3,2=Generals: Moves as a queen up to 4,3,2 spaces.
- T=Tank: Moves one space like a king. It can capture as a queen, but without moving (rifle capture). Can't capture a piece right next to it. It can push pieces of either colors in a row, column, diagonal. Pieces pushed off the board are put onto your bench.
- B=Bomb: Moves one space like a king. Cannot capture. Instead of moving, you may explode itself and all 8 adjacent pieces of either colors. The bomb goes to opponent's bench and all other pieces destroyed from explosion go to your own bench.
Red plays first. Win by capturing opponent's king. It isn't legal to make 2 kings blown up at once with one bomb. You also lose if you cannot move. When you capture a piece, put onto your bench. Pieces on your bench cannot be dropped like shogi, they can only be placed by moving a pawn past the end of the board (see 'Pieces' for details).
Tank/Bomb movement: These moves are the same as the Tank and Bomb in the Exotic Pieces applet.
Variant: Limited Range Guard Shogi: Same as Limited Range Guard Chess, except: Pawns promote to 1-General and un-promote when captured, and pieces can be dropped like in Shogi, including pawn-drop restriction.
This 'user submitted' page is a collaboration between the posting user and the Chess Variant Pages. Registered contributors to the Chess Variant Pages have the ability to post their own works, subject to review and editing by the Chess Variant Pages Editorial Staff.
By (zzo38) A. Black.
Web page created: 2005-11-17. Web page last updated: 2005-11-17