Pixelpusher variant: Centerless chessA not-often player chess variant is Centerless chess. Here, the four squares in the center cannot be used. The applet below plays this variant against you, but does it very badly: it just selects a random move.
A variant of PixelpusherThis is a variant of Pixelpusher, called with different parameters. Actually, this applet can be called with parameters that allow:
- boards of different sizes. The columns parameter is used to give the number of colums. The rows parameter is used to give the number of rows.
- Different setups. These are given in FFEN (with limitations.)
- squares that may not be used or passed (except by knights). These are given in the FFEN as a -.
- Chancellors: pieces that move like bishop or rook.
- Bishops with the Bishops Conversion Rule.
- Marshalls (pieces that move like bishop or knight) are also implemented, but I have to provide a gif for them yet.
WWW page and applet made by Hans Bodlaender.
WWW page created: April 3, 1998.