What was new
between 60 and 90 days old
Bottom of page
Last Game Courier move entered 13 minutes ago.
Last Game Courier open invitation made 28 minutes ago.
Last Game Courier game finished 5 hours ago.
Last kibbitz comment entered 15 DAYS ago.
Last Chess Variant problem added 1721 DAYS ago.
Last comment or rating entered 4 hours ago.
Last game review entered 8 DAYS ago.
Week ending Sep 26, 2020
- Foolish King Chess. Players have different armies and victory conditions. White has a fool for a king. (10x8, Cells: 80) By Patrik Hedman.
- Palace Ninja Guards. A pair of short-range diagonal leapers and four extra squares are added to the standard chessboard and pieces. (8x8, Cells: 68) By Charles Daniel.
Week ending Sep 19, 2020
- Maorider Chess. Image of starting position added. (8x9, Cells: 72) By Vitya Makov.
- Grand Alamos Chess. FIDE, but with an initial setup reminiscent of Grand Chess. By Jeff Cornell.
- Joust Chess. Revised opening setup and added ability for pieces to jump. By Jeff Cornell.
Week ending Sep 12, 2020
- The Sultan's Game. Updated with new information from A World of Chess by Jean-Louis Cazaux and Rick Knowlton. (11x11, Cells: 121) Author: Greg Strong. Inventor: Peguilhen.
- 88 Hexagons Chess. Hexagonal chess on chessboard with 88 hexagons. By Davor Vujacic.
- Cannon Shosu Shogi. Variant of Shosu Shogi with Dogs and Cannons. By Adam DeWitt.
- Full Cavalry. Rooks are replaced by Lancers and castling is still legal. By JT K.
Week ending Sep 05, 2020
- Mecklenbeck Chess. Pawns can promote on the sixth row. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender and Greg Strong. Inventor: Bernd Eickenscheidt.
- Grand Chess. Christian Freeling's popular large chess variant on 10 by 10 board. Rules and links. (10x10, Cells: 100) (Recognized!) Author: Greg Strong and Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Christian Freeling.
Week ending Aug 29, 2020
- Grand Betza. A tribute to Ralph Betza on a 10x10 board with pawns on the third rank as in Grand Chess. Author: Greg Strong. Inventor: John Davis.
|12 'Game' entries listed||4 'Large board' entries listed|
|2 'In a category all its own' entries listed||1 'Each player has a different army' entry listed|
|1 'Shogi, or Shogi-based' entry listed|
Total items listed: 12