- Zhou Xia. Two decimal variants played with very powerful Xiangqi-like pieces. By Christine Bagley-Jones.
- Ziggurat . Mesopotamian-themed variant on a 43 square board. By Glenn Overby II.
- ZigZag Madness . Its madness when the standard chess pieces clash with ZigZag Bishop, ZigZag Rook, Ferz-Knight, Wazir-Knight and Ninja Pawns! By Charles Daniel.
- Zip Chess . After the first move, Pawns can advance any distance. Author: Gary Baydo. Inventor: Clifford Merry.
- Zone X . Chess with a special central Zone, a new piece, and new moves. By Roberto Lavieri.
- Zones of Action . Inspired form Lines of Action. By Yu Ren Dong.
|6 'Zillions of Games file' entries listed||2 'Large board' entries listed|
|1 'Small board' entry listed|
Total items listed: 6