- Jacks and Witches 84 . Variant on 84 squares with special pieces and special squares. By Antoine Fourrière.
- Jai-Alai . A sports theme variant with three new pieces: the Superball, the Ball and the Diagball. By Roberto Lavieri.
- Javelin Chess . Pieces backed up by an extra row of single-capture Spearmen. By Adrian Alvarez de la Campa.
- Jetan . Martian Chess, coming from the book The Chessmen of Mars. Author: Jens Markmann. Inventor: Edgar Rice Burroughs.
- Jetan, ERB . Implements different possible rules for Jetan. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Edgar Rice Burroughs.
- Joko Urtaroak . Modern large version of Game of Four Seasons; four player chess variant. By Glenn Overby II.
- Joshua's Chess . Missing description Author: Michael Nelson. Inventor: Joshua Nelson.
- Joust . Two knights. Squares cannot be revisited. Author: Gerry Quinn.
- Jumping Chess . Pieces capture by jumping. Board has extra edge squares making it 10x10. By Peter Aronson.
Total items listed: 9