Reference Pages on the Rules of Chess
- 10x8 Variants. Missing description
- Anatomy of a Preset: Chess. Detailed explanation of the code used to enforce the rules of Chess in Game Courier.
- Average Game Ratings. An ordered list of the ratings for the games on this site.
- Betza Notation. A primer on the leading shorthand for describing variant piece moves.
- Castling Rules in Chess Variants. An investigation of castling rules in chess and chess variants.
- Chess FAQ. Frequently asked chess questions.
- Chess Rules for Kids. An illustrated guide to the rules of chess for children.
- Chess Variant Inventors. Find out which inventors have the most games listed here.
- A Chess Variant Making Off.. Missing description
- Chess Variant Pages Rating System. Missing description
- Chess Variants PBM Instructions. Help page for the Chess Variants Play-by-Mail system.
- Chess Variants Query. More options for searching in these pages.
- The Concise Guide to Chess Variants. Missing description
- Copyright and the Chess Variant Pages. Missing description
- DUAL RING Tournament Format. Tournament format for handling uneven number of players.
- Editors. Information on the people that run this site.
- Falcon Chess: Background and Patent Text Excerpts. With background summary of chess variants.
- Favorite Games. Chess variants favorited by our members.
- Favorite Games of their Inventors. What the Chess variant inventors here consider their best work.
- Feedback to the Chess Variant Pages - How to contact us. Including information on editors and associate authors of the website.
- Fischer Random Chess. Manual Procedure for Generating Piece Placements.
- From Stalemate to Checkmate. Missing description
- GAME Code Tutorial. Tutorial on how to program a game for Game Courier.
- Game Courier Developer's Guide. Learn how to design and program Chess variants for Game Courier.
- Game Courier History. History of the Chess Variants Game Courier PBM system.
- Game Courier User's Guide. How to play games with the CV Play-by-Mail system.
- Games by Groupings. Missing description
- Generating Random Positions. How to generate random positions?
- A Glossary of Basic Chess Variant Terms. Missing description
- Helping us Maintain this Site. Information on how you can help us maintain this site.
- Hexagonal chess - names of squares. Missing description
- Hexagonal Chess Notation. Article discussing Hexagonal Chess notation.
- How to Design and Post Your Own Game. A reference for those who want to post their own games here.
- How to Enforce Rules in Game Courier. A tutorial on programming a rule-enforcing preset in the GAME Code language.
- How to Make Your Game Display Legal Moves in Game Courier. A Game Courier Tutorial.
- How to play chess on the internet?. Information on online playing of chess.
- How to Program Multi-Move Variants for Game Courier. A tutorial with examples borrowed from code for Marseillais Chess and Extra Move Chess.
- How to Program Piece Drops for Game Courier. A tutorial on including Shogi-style piece drops in a Game Courier preset.
- How to Program Variants with Multi-Move Pieces in Game Courier. A tutorial on how to create variants with multi-move pieces in them.
- Interactive diagrams. Diagrams that interactively show piece moves.
- Janggi - opening setups. Explanation of setup for Korean chess.
- Kriegspiel - Cincinnati Style. A description of Kriegspiel as played in Cincinnati in the 1970's, with a discussion of why those particular rules were used.
- List of Chess Variants. This is a large listing of chess variants.
- The Lotus Board. Notation and Directional Concepts.
- Lotus Boards. Configurations for Future Chess Variant Contests.
- Lotus chess: Chess Pieces in the Lotus Environment. With information on additional pieces.
- Lotus chess: Chess Pieces in the Lotus Environment. Missing description
- Mega Doom Chess Project. Missing description
- Miscellaneous Chess FAQ. Some answers to some frequently asked questions about chess and trivia.
- Modern Chess Principles. Missing description
- Mutators. Article discussing the concept of Mutators.
- Nemoroth Notation. A notation and diagram scheme to be used when playing The Game of Nemoroth by mail or e-mail.
- Ninety-one and a Half Trillion Falcon Chess Variants. Missing description
- Operations on Trafalgar Ocean. Missing description
- PASGL 312 Notation. A way to represent PASGL 312 Chess board positions.
- Phased clocks. a set of Clocks for timing Games.
- Play-test applet for chess variants. Applet you can play your own variant against.
- Plutonian Test Chess. Fictitious Variant for Testing Purposes.
- Preferred format of HTML code. Our guidelines on writing HTML code for submissions to our site.
- Programming Piece Movement in Game Courier. A tutorial on two different ways to program piece movement in Game Courier.
- Questions and answers: Shogi. Questions and answers about Shogi (Japanese Chess).
- Repairs required. Missing description
- Reverse Symmetry. Missing description
- Rule Zero. A base or starting rule set for most Chess variants.
- Rules of Chess: Castling FAQ. Frequent asked questions about castling.
- Rules of Chess: Check, Mate, and Stalemate. Answers to frequently asked questions.
- Rules of Chess: En passant capture FAQ. Answers to some questions about the en passant capture rule.
- Rules of Chess: Kings and check. Answers to frequently asked questions on the rules of chess regarding kings and check.
- Rules of Chess: Knights. FAQ on therules of chess regarding knights.
- Rules of Chess: Pawns FAQ. Rules of promotion and movement of pawns explained.
- The Rules of Chess: Perpetual Check. Explanation of perpetual check with an animated diagram.
- Rules of Chess: Queen FAQ. Soms answers on questions on the rules of chess, regarding queens.
- Rules of Chess: The 50 moves rule. Answer to a frequently asked question on the rules of chess.
- Schoolbook openings #1. Missing description
- Shogi FAQ. Questions and answers about Shogi (Japanese Chess).
- Submission Illustration - Plutonian Chess. Fictitious Variant for Testing Purposes.
- Summary of Game variations, Clock times and other Information. Missing description
- Tags Listing. A listing of the tags used on our pages.
- The Chess Variants Game Courier FAQ. Answers to various questions about Game Courier.
- The Concise Guide to Chess Variants. Brief descriptions or definitions of terms, phrases and named related to Chess variants.
- The Fairychess Include File for Game Courier - A Tutorial. How to use the fairychess include file to program games for Game Courier.
- The History of Chess Variants. A brief history of Chess variants from Chaturanga to the 21st century.
- TigerChess extras. Missing description
- TigerPad. Missing description
- What is a Chess variant?. An essay on what distinguishes a Chess variant from other games.
- Where Can I Play Chess Variants?. Collected resources on where to play Chess variants.
- Which Chess Variants are Best?. Our collected resources for helping you find the best Chess variants.
- Who is Responsible for the Chess Variant Pages?. The editors, past editors, contributors, and inventors behind this site.
- Xiangqi FAQ. Missing description
- Your Neighbors. Find members of this site who live in your neighborhood.
Total items listed: 91