Game Courier Presets
- Palace Ninja Guards. The ninja guards are diagonal leapers occupying the two squares behind the king and queen that constitute the palace. By Charles Daniel.
- Palace Revolution. Play this 44 square variant with Templar Knights and Squire Pawns with Game Courier. Author: Jeff Rients. Inventor: Peter E. Leyva.
- Paloma Chess. Game with Royal Queen, promotable Kings, and an unusual array. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Becca Rabong.
- Panchimera. 33 pieces a side, includes all the knight augmented pieces. By Graeme C Neatham.
- Parity Chess. Chess on a 12x8 board with Champions and FADs added. By Kevin Pacey.
- Paulovits's Game. Istv. By Abdul-Rahman Sibahi.
- Pawn Eaters. Win by capturing 8 pawns. Uses Shamanic Rooks, Pawn Eaters, Old Y Mover Elephants, and traditional Knights. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Pawnless vs. Pawnful FIDE. Which side do you think will win? The one with the queen or the one with the pawns? By Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- Peasant Revolt. Modest variant with unequal setup. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: George Whelan.
- Perfect 12. 12 different kinds of pieces on a 12 x 12 board: Is 12 "more perfect" than 10? Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Perfect Chess. Like Tutti Frutti Chess but with a different array. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Köksal Karakus.
- Philosopher's Chess. The Philosopher's Chess in the Game Courier. Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: Darren Izzard.
- Pick the Piece Big Chess. Players can choose to play with Gryphon, anti-Gryphon, SuperCannon, Flying Bomber, Ninja Pawns and many other diverse pieces. By Charles Daniel.
- Pillage. Featuring the Super Pawn: a powerful short-range piece with promotional capabilities. By Charles Daniel.
- Pillars of Medusa. Play this variation of Turkish Great Chess with two additional pieces, the Morph and the Medusa, on Game Courier . Author: Tony Quintanilla and Gary K. Gifford. Inventor: Gary K. Gifford.
- PiRaTeKnIcS. Play this 44-squares chess variant in which pirates on ships fight each other on Game Courier. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: David Jagger.
- The Pit. A pit over which only one of the pieces may jump. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Daniel Roth.
- Placement Chess. King and queen are swapped before play begins, generating FRC subset (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Placement Random Chess (Chess 20). The piece setup is randomized following Placement Chess rules, generating 20 modest Fischer Random positions. By M Winther.
- Pocket Mutation Chess. Take one of your pieces off the board, maybe change it, keep it in reserve, and drop it on the board later. Author: Tony Quintanilla and Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Michael Nelson.
- Pocket Polypiece Chess. Play Pocket Polypiece Chess online with Game Courier. Author: Antoine Fourrière and Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Antoine Fourrière.
- Polymorph Chess. Knights and Bishops can morph into each other or into combined pieces. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Greg Strong.
- Pompeii Chess. Small variant with piece drops, orthogonal pawn moves and one each of all the FIDE pieces. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Dan Troyka.
- Positional 3-D Chess. 3D games using position to determine how to move from board to board. Author: Tony Quintanilla and Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: George William Duke.
- Pre-Grandchess. Eric Greenwood realized that Christian Freeling's Great Chess could have arisen with this more normal looking position. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Eric V. Greenwood.
- Presiding Chess. Decimal Variant combining a number of exotic pieces. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Tucker Kao.
- Pretentious Chess. Pieces can move as and demote to a Knight. By Adrian Alvarez de la Campa.
- Prime Ministers Random Chess. Missing description By Jose Carrillo.
- Prime-Ministers Chess. Missing description By Jose Carrillo.
- Prison Break. Checkmate the enemy king or break out of prison with your king! By Charles Daniel.
- Prisoner's Escape. Object is to un-check your opponent; winner of first prize in 44 squares design contest. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Peter Aronson.
- Pseudo-Modern Random Chess. Missing description By Jose Carrillo.
- Pyrrhus Chess. The Pyrrhus moves like a king but paralyzes enemy pieces at queen's distance (with zrf). By M Winther.
|33 'Play by mail item' entries listed||9 'Large board' entries listed|
|6 'Small board' entries listed||1 'From ancient times' entry listed|
|1 'Unorthodox shaped board' entry listed||1 'In a category all its own' entry listed|
Total items listed: 33