Game Courier Presets
- Gamma2 Chess. Chess on a 10x8 board with Berolina Pawns & special Ship & Archer pieces. By Kevin Pacey.
- Ganymede Chess. Mark Hedden's idea for "a large chess variant with many weird pieces...which wouldn't seem too different from orthodox chess". Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Mark Hedden.
- Gast's Chess. Large 1969 variant using the Cardinal (Guard) and the Chancellor (Archer). Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: John W. Gast.
- General and Arch-General Chess. Variations of Bird's Chess. Author: Dominique Leste and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Dominique Leste.
- Gess. Combines GO with Chess: Invention of Archimedeans Mathematics Society, discussed by Ian Stewart in Scientific American. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Archimedeans Mathematics Society.
- Giant Chess. 16 x 16 variant with lots of powerful pieces and the unique four square occupying Dev piece which is not easy to capture. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Köksal Karakus.
- Giant Chess 2. Giant Chess but with the addition of giant Ferzes and 8 Leos. By Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- Gigachess. With 20 different pieces on a 14 x 14 board, this is the latest in a sequence from Shako to Tamerlane II to Perfect 12. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Glinski's Hexagonal Chess (Symmetric). Missing description By Carlos Cetina.
- Go. Preset for Go and Go-Chess variants. Author: Tony Quintanilla.
- Go. Play Go with Game Courier. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- goChess. goChess. By Joe Joyce.
- Golden Age Chess on a Really Big Board. Variant on 16 by 16 board with several different pieces. Author: Nick Wolff. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Gorgona Chess. V. R. Parton's Gorgona paralyzes enemy pieces so they can't move (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Grand Cavalier Chess. Decimal variant with Cannons and Cavalier Chess pieces. By Fergus Duniho.
- Grand Chess. Decimal variant with Cardinals and Marshalls. (Recognized!) Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Christian Freeling.
- Grand Combination Courier. Game with Compounds of Elemental (Atomic) FIDE Pieces Plus Camel, with Mostly Logical Promotions. By Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- Grand Rider Chess. If you love riders, you'll love Grand Rider Chess, which combines several different colorbound and non-colorbound riders. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good and Larry Wheeler. Inventor: Larry Wheeler.
- Grand Shatranj. Grand Shatranj.... extends the examination of short-range leapers by looking at another 2-square jumper and 2 short-range riders. By Joe Joyce.
- Grand Shogi. Normal Shogi but with extra pieces - "Smooth and fantastic fun, awesome action". Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Christine Bagley-Jones.
- Grand Tamerlane Chess. Variation of Mideast Chess by John Davis. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: John Davis.
- Grand Warp Point Chess. Using normal chess pieces, plus two warp points, on a 10 x 10 board where pawns can take large initial steps. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Jason Shields.
- Grande Acedrex. Missing description Author: Daniil Frolov.
- Grasshopper Chess. Each player has eight additional grasshoppers. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Joseph Boyer.
- GraTiA. Preset for GraTiA, a blend of two historic variants. Author: Greg Strong. Inventor: Charles Gilman.
- Great Chess. An Indian/Turkish and very playable historic variant on a 10 by 10 board. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Great Shatranj. What if chess evolved differently so short-range pieces became more powerful by gaining additional short-range moves? By Joe Joyce.
- Gross Chess. Play this 144 square variant online with Game Courier. By Fergus Duniho.
- Grotesque Chess. Play this variant of Capablanca's Chess that leaves no Pawns unprotected. By Fergus Duniho.
- Gryphon Aanca Chess. Large variant with Gryphons, Aancas, and a few other not-so-common pieces. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Gunnery Chess. Cannon pawns can leap over friendly piece and explode an enemy piece on the same file. By M Winther.
- Gunnery Chess (8x10). Cannon pawns can leap over friendly piece and explode an enemy piece on the same file. Regular pieces plus Mastodons. By M Winther.
- Gunnery Chess (with Scorpions). The Scorpion pawns have the additional capability of cannon-like moves. Very advanced. Only recommendable to grandmasters! By M Winther.
- Gustav III's Chess. Invented by King Gustav III of Sweden (1746-92). Author: M Winther. Inventor: King Gustav III of Sweden.
- Gustavian Camelrider Chess. Camelriders and regular pieces on a Gustavian (68squares) board. By M Winther.
- Gustavian Cannonrider Chess. Cannonriders and regular pieces on a Gustavian (68 squares) board. Cannonriders move differently depending on square colour. By M Winther.
- Gustavian-Camelrider Chess (with Scorpions). Camelriders and Scorpions on a 68 square Gustavian board. By M Winther.
- Gustavian-Cannon Chess. The Swedish Cannon moves like a Korean Cannon, but can move like a rook if it cannot jump (+zrf). By M Winther.
|38 'Play by mail item' entries listed||22 'Large board' entries listed|
|3 'From ancient times' entries listed||5 'Unorthodox shaped board' entries listed|
|1 'Board with hexagonal shaped cells' entry listed||6 'In a category all its own' entries listed|
Total items listed: 38