Game Courier Presets
- Racing Kings. Missing description By Abdul-Rahman Sibahi.
- Randomscorpions Chess. The Scorpions are randomly distributed on the 2nd and 3rd rank. Otherwise regular setup. By M Winther.
- Raptor Chess. Play game in which two pairs of dual mode fliers: the Raptors and the Birds create havoc on the board! By Charles Daniel.
- Raumschach. "... (German for Space Chess) is one of the first three-dimensional chess variants and the first to survive until present". Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Dr. Ferdinand Maack.
- Raumschach (rules enforcing). Play Raumschach on Game Courier, with rules enforced. Author: Ben M Reiniger. Inventor: Dr. Ferdinand Maack.
- Reformed Chess. Pawn can swap with an enemy piece located on the last rank, except king. Thusly, many more won endgames (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Regement Random Chess. The Secutor is a bifurcation piece that must bounce in order to capture (+zrf). By M Winther.
- Regiment Chess. Black determines king position, white can swap the queen before play begins (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Regiment Random Chess. The Secutor is a bifurcation piece that must bounce in order to capture (+zrf). By M Winther.
- Relativistic Chess. http://www.chessvariants.org/boardrules.dir/relativistic.html. By Carlos Cetina.
- Relocation Chess. Swap a pair of your own pieces before you begin. With Fischer Random castling rules. By M Winther.
- Remote Sensing. 2 remote sensor pieces per side can mimic pieces on their current square color. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Remote Sensing 8 x 8. An 8 x 8 version of Remote Sensing. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Remote Sensing with On & Off-Board Detection. Special pieces mimic others, some on-board, some which have been captured. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Rennaissance Chess II. Missing description By Matthew La Vallee.
- Renniassance Chess. Also referred to as Rennchess, this is a famous, decades-old Tamerlane inspired variant. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Eric V. Greenwood.
- Replacement Chess. Replace your opponent's men on the board after you capture them. Author: Kevin Pacey.
- Revised Chess. A revision of Fide-chess: a pawn on the seventh rank can also capture forwards. Makes chess much less drawish (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Rifle Chess. Take a move to capture an enemy piece without moving the capturing piece. Author: Kevin Pacey. Inventor: W. B. Seabrook.
- Romanchenko's Chess. FIDE Chess trainer Romanchenko shifted the FIDE board in the middle to help his students think for themselves. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good and Fergus Duniho. Inventor: V. Romanchenko.
- Rose Chess. Grand Chess with Roses substituted for knights, Rose-Bishop for Cardinal, Rose-Rook for Marshall. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi.
- Rose Chess XII. With Nightriders, (Half-)Roses, Spotted Gryphons and War Machines. By David Paulowich.
- Roswell Chess. Preset for alien game with abstract pieces that operate in unusual ways. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Gary K. Gifford.
- Rotation Chess. Every ten moves, switch sides with your opponent. How might you prepare for the demise of the pieces you are playing? Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good and Adrian Alvarez de la Campa.
- Royal CannonChess. Pieces next to the king can capture forwards by a cannon leap. By M Winther.
- Royal Magician's Chess. King and special magician piece earn the right to drop pieces when they venture out to the fourth, fifth and sixth ranks! Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Gary K. Gifford.
- Royal Pawn Chess. Same as FIDE Chess, except the pawns in front of the kings are royal, meaning the object is to checkmate them and not the king. By Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- Royal Rumble. A 6 board all-out melee with random pieces, royals and starting positions. By Nick Wolff.
- The Royal Standard. Highly original game that introduced the famous windmill piece! Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Alexandre Muñiz.
|29 'Play by mail item' entries listed||2 'Three dimensional' entries listed|
|3 'Large board' entries listed||3 'From ancient times' entries listed|
|2 'In a category all its own' entries listed|
Total items listed: 29