Game Courier Presets
- l. Missing description By Daniil Frolov.
- Ladder Chess. Non-competing 40 Square contest entry with scaling board. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Sergey Sirotkin.
- Ladorean Chess. Another 10 x 8 Fergus Duniho variant with marshall and cardinal. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Fergus Duniho.
- Large Nahbi Chess. Preset for Large Nahbi Chess. By Uri Bruck.
- Latrunculi duo milia et septum. Chess with rook/ferz & bishop/wazir substitutes for rooks and bishops. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Leapers Chess. Decimal variant with additional leaping abilities for each of the pieces. By Larry L. Smith.
- Leapers Creeepers. Featuring compound long leapers of giraffes, zebras and camels. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Christine Bagley-Jones.
- Lemurian Shatranj. Lemurian pieces which utilize either or both types of their possible moves, possibly changing direction after the first. By Joe Joyce.
- Lines of Relay. The addition of a piece - the "Lore Apprentice" adapted from the Querquisite. "LoR(e)" stands for Lines of Relay. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Jörg Knappen.
- Little River Chess. 46 Cell game with Chinese Chess influence. Kings confined to palaces. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Little Trio. Missing description Author: Nick Wolff. Inventor: Jared B. McComb.
- Logical Follow-Up to Duke of Rutland Chess. Derivative of The Duke of Rutland's Chess with other compound pieces. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Claudio Martins Jaguaribe and Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- Loonybird. Pieces on a seven by seven board move differently when they take. Author: John Smith. Inventor: Christian Freeling.
|13 'Play by mail item' entries listed||1 'Large board' entry listed|
|2 'Small board' entries listed||1 'Chess combined with some other game or sport' entry listed|
|1 'Xiangqi, or Xiangqi-based' entry listed||1 'Shogi, or Shogi-based' entry listed|
Total items listed: 13