Game Courier Presets
- Jester Chess. Featuring pieces that mimic last piece moved, archers that can either capture OR move. quadrapawns, and murray lions. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Thomas Havel.
- Jetan Jeddara. Large variant of Jetan. Author: Tony Quintanilla and James Killian Spratt. Inventor: James Killian Spratt.
- Joe Joyce Hyperchess. Easy to play 3D Chess variant where pieces can act on small board or large board. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Joe Joyce.
- Judkin's Shogi. Modern small shogi variant preset. Author: Charles Daniel and Armin Liebhart. Inventor: ? Judkin.
- Jumping Knights Chess. Nightriders replace Knights and War Machines have also been added to Jumping Chess. By David Paulowich.
- Jungles and Mountains Chess. Bull-Dozers must clear through jungle brush and Engineers must make passages through mountains to free up piece movement. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Juxtaposition Chess. Normal moves, plus pawns switch places with stones; pieces switch places with flags. By Gary K. Gifford.
|7 'Play by mail item' entries listed||1 'Three dimensional' entry listed|
|3 'Large board' entries listed||1 'Small board' entry listed|
|2 'In a category all its own' entries listed||1 'Shogi, or Shogi-based' entry listed|
Total items listed: 7