Starts with the letter 'Rec'
- Recapitulative Chess. Variant where the Queen, Rook and Bishop have their older moves until promoted. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Charles Gilman.
- Recapturable Chess. Captured pieces belong to other player and then removed permanently. (8x8, Cells: 64) By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Recaptureless Chess. A unit which has just captured is itself invulnerable to capture for the move. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Tony Paletta.
- Recognized Chess Variant: Magnetic Chess. Missing description Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: João Pedro Neto and Claude Chaunier.
- Recognized Chess Variants. Index page listing the variants we feel are most significant. (Recognized!)
- Recognized Variants of the Month . Game Pak I. (Recognized!)
- Record Chess. Try to reach a position in as little moves as possible. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Ralph Schuler.
- Recruiter Chess. Capturer recruits on adjacent squares. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Terry H. Jones.
- Rectahex Chesss. A chess variant that looks like hexagonal chess but can be played on a normal chess board. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Ralph Betza.
- Rectangular Cubic Chess. Experimental variant on 3d shaped board. (x6, Cells: 72) By Robert J. Bell.
- Recycle Chess. Players can capture and drop their own pieces. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Robert Huber.
- Recycle Chess. You may capture your own units and replace them on the board. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Robert Huber.
Total items listed: 12