Starts with the letter 'Ran'
- Random Files Chess I. Move from a random file if you can. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Random Files Chess II. Move to or from a random file if you can. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Random Move Number Chess. A die now controls the number of moves a player makes each turn. Luck and skill required to win! (8x8, Cells: 64) By Charles Daniel.
- Random Pawns. Randomly select your Pawns' movement and capture abilities. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Gavin King.
- Random Pieces. A 20 game match is played, with each player receiving a number of pieces equal in value to the game number. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Roger Cooper.
- Random Pieces Chess. Best of 20 rounds with armies of varying strengths. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Random Rodent Chess. Variant geneRATing rodent-named pieces marks Year of the Rat. (9x9x4, Cells: 324) By Charles Gilman.
- Random Transposal Chess. Use dice to swap pieces. (8x8, Cells: 64) By John Smith.
- Random Wormhole Chess. Introduces "wormholes" and "toroidal" movement in a fun and manageable way. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Adrian Alvarez de la Campa.
- Random-Drop Chess . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- Randomscorpions Chess. The Scorpions are randomly distributed on the 2nd and 3rd rank. Otherwise regular setup. By M Winther.
- Rank and File Chess. Move from Most Crowded Row. (8x8, Cells: 64) By George William Duke.
- Rank behind Rank . 30 pieces on a side with two Kings each on a 6 by 12 board. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Sergey Sirotkin.
- Rank-behind-Rank Chess. 30 pieces on a side with two Kings each on a 6 by 12 board. (6x12, Cells: 72) By Sergey Sirotkin.
Total items listed: 14