Starts with the letter 'Pla'
- Placement. Only kings start on board; other pieces are dropped to home square and then moved. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Walter Weiss.
- Placement Chess. King and queen are swapped with another piece, except rook, and creating a new mirrored position (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Placement Chess. King and queen are swapped before play begins, generating FRC subset (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Placement Random Chess (Chess 20). The piece setup is randomized following Placement Chess rules, generating 20 modest Fischer Random positions. By M Winther.
- Plaid Chess. Progressive Grid chess. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: W. H. Rawlings.
- Planar 4x4x4 Chess . 3D variant played with pieces which are restricted to particular planes within the cubic field. By Larry L. Smith.
- Platform Chess . Pieces move normally or ride on 2x2 platforms that move themselves. By Robert Price.
- Platform Chess. Pieces move normally or ride on 2x2 platforms that move themselves. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Robert Price.
- Plattraum. 2d variant which, like Raumschach in 3d, has three basic long-range pieces. (11x11, Cells: 91) By Charles Gilman.
- Play.Chessvariants.com. The subdomain for playing Chess variants. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Playchess . Correspondence chess server. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
Total items listed: 11