Bottom of page
A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
- 44-squares chess variant design contest.. Our annual N-squares chess variant design competition. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Anti-King Chess. Each player has both a King and an Anti-King to protect; Anti-Kings are in check when not attacked. (8x8, Cells: 64) (Recognized!) By Peter Aronson.
- Caïssa Britannia. British themed variant with Lions, Unicorns, Dragons, Anglican Bishops, and a royal Queen. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Fergus Duniho.
- Capablanca Random Chess. Randomized setup for Capablanca chess. (10x8, Cells: 80) By Reinhard Scharnagl.
- Catapults of Troy. Large variant with a river, catapults, archers, and trojan horses! (8x11, Cells: 88) By Gary K. Gifford.
- Chess Variant Construction Set. Missing description Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Dimension X. Chess on two planes - one with the usual chess pieces, the other with spooky trans-dimensional pieces with strange interactions. (8x8x2, Cells: 128) By Gary K. Gifford.
- Eurasian Chess. Synthesis of European and Asian forms of Chess. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Fergus Duniho.
- Game Courier. Web-based system for playing many different variants by email or in real-time. By Fergus Duniho.
- Great Shatranj. Great Shatranj. (10x8, Cells: 80) By Joe Joyce.
- Hostage Chess. Pieces taken are held hostage and can be exchanged against other pieces and then dropped. (8x8, Cells: 64) (Recognized!) By John Leslie.
- Magnetic Chess. Pieces that moved attract and repel pieces like magnets. (8x8, Cells: 64) (Recognized!) By João Pedro Neto and Claude Chaunier.
- Modern Shatranj. A bridge between modern chess and the historic game of Shatranj. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Joe Joyce.
- Modest Proposals. An Introduction to Modest variants. By Tony Paletta.
- Odin's Rune Chess. A game inspired by Carl Jung's concept of synchronicity, runes, and Nordic Mythology. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Gary K. Gifford.
- Opulent Chess. A derivative of Grand Chess with additional jumping pieces (Lion and Wizard). (10x10, Cells: 100) By Greg Strong.
- Pocket Mutation Chess. Take one of your pieces off the board, maybe change it, keep it in reserve, and drop it on the board later. (8x8, Cells: 64) (Recognized!) By Michael Nelson.
Warning: more than 500 items were found! You may browse the results by starting letter using the links below.
0-9 - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
Top of page
Total items listed: 1760