- Alliance Chess. Two boards, four players, team wins by checkmating the primary player. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Mark Liptak and Rick Babcock.
- Bastardo. 4-player game.
- Bastardo. Cut-throat four-player variant. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Beirut Chess. One unit is secretly carrying a bomb. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Jim Winslow.
- Chess Contradance. Move pieces to the other side of the board without attacking each other. By Karen Robinson.
- Crushed Chess. After every 10 turns, the perimeter disappears. Author: Ben M Reiniger.
- Diamond Chess II. Game on diamond-shaped board with 98 triangular cells. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Bart D. Follis and James G. Chapman.
- Falcon Random Chess. Missing description (10x10, Cells: 100) By George William Duke.
- Fidchell. Gary Gygax's Fidchell. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Gary Gygax.
- Fidchell. A large Great Chess variant with blended historical elements, invented for an RPG. (12x12, Cells: 144) Author: Glenn Overby II. Inventor: Gary Gygax.
- Gadsden's Toroidal Chess. Edges of the board are considered to be adjacent. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Richard Gadsden.
- Kilyow. Invented by Furugouri Akio(古郡章雄) in 1991. By Yu Ren Dong.
- Koopa Chess. Form of chess based on the Mario Brothers series of video games. (8x8, Cells: 64) Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Mad King Chess . Missing description By Larry L. Smith.
- Mad King Chess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Larry L. Smith.
- Modern Courier Chess. Missing description Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: Paul Byway.
- Objective Bastardo. Cut-throat four-player variant where each player has a secret objective. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- The Sons of Mithra. Elaborate Fantasy variant with 13 different types of pieces per side. (10x10, Cells: 100) Author: Michael Chang Gummelt. Inventor: Michael Chang Gummelt and Holly Gummelt.
- The Sons of Mithra. Computer program for playing fantasy variant. Author: Michael Chang Gummelt. Inventor: Michael Chang Gummelt and Holly Gummelt.
- Treyshah. A commercial three-player hexagonal variant with 23 pieces a side. (Cells: 210) By Matt Seabury.
Total items listed: 20