Query Results for
SELECT * FROM `IndexEntry` LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE `YearInvented` = '1980' AND `IsHidden` = 0 AND `Item`.`IsDeleted` = 0 AND `Language` = 'English' ORDER BY `LinkText` ASC LIMIT 500 OFFSET 0
- 4 x 4 x 8 Tridimensional Chess. Clever 3-D variant, closer to Raumschach, but according to Gilman, solves some of Raumschach's design flaws. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Alberto Monteiro and Silvio Levy.
- Advance Chess. Pawns begin on third and sixth ranks. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Tony Paletta.
- Bilateral Group Simultaneous Chess. Simultaneous chess, but with two groups of rotating players. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: B. Eshuis.
- Blood Brothers Chess. Pieces defend others of their kind regardless of location. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Philip M. Cohen and R. Wayne Schmittberger.
- Corridor Chess. FIDE but subtracting rook pawns and setting pieces up in house in middle. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Tony Paletta.
- FCC. Free Choice Chess -- Large variant where players choose and deploy their own forces. By Bruce R. Gilson.
- Four Row Chess. Missing description (Cells: 208) By Eric S. Clayton.
- Free Choice Chess. Free Choice Chess -- Large variant where players choose and deploy their own forces. By Bruce R. Gilson.
- HexChess. Hexagonal Chess where Bishops move 1 hex in any direction and Rooks may not move to adjacent cell. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Tony Paletta.
- Recaptureless Chess. A unit which has just captured is itself invulnerable to capture for the move. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Tony Paletta.
- Renniassance Chess . Game played on several sizes of large board with 68 pieces per side. Author: Edward Holzman. Inventor: Eric V. Greenwood.
- Romulan Chess. Kriegspiel variant: played with a referee where pieces cloak and uncloak. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Steve Kramer and Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Stations. Missing description (9x5, Cells: 61) By Larry L. Smith.
- Stations . Missing description By Larry L. Smith.