- Balbo's Chess. Board with a strange shape designed to make Bishops stronger in relation to Rooks. Author: Gary K. Gifford. Inventor: M G Balbo.
- Balbo's Chess 2. Balbos Chess 2. Author: wdtr2. Inventor: M G Balbo.
- Big Board Chess. Play Big Board Chess online with Game Courier. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Alfred Schönfelder.
- Bomb Chess. Queen's Rook moves as king and can explode. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Duncan Suttles.
- Brickchucking Chess. Pieces cannot move backwards, but do give check/mate backwards. Author: Ben M Reiniger. Inventor: Alan Holloway and Gary Smith.
- Brickchucking Chess. Pieces can only move forward, but attack the king in any direction. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Alan Holloway and Gary Smith.
- Checkers Chess. Pieces move initially only forwards. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Hans Multhopp.
- Displaced Grid Chess. A Grid Chess variant that allows kings to visit corners, etc. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Doug Grant.
- Djambi. Four player variant with different taking rules and special central square. (9x9, Cells: 1) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Jean Anesto.
- Ludus Chessunculus. Game played on Hexagonal board with non-standard pieces. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: John Cleaveland.
- Mimotaur Chess. Mimotaurs move as queens, may only capture a unit. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Mimotaur Chess. Missing description Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Ministers Chess. Commercial variant on a 9x9 board with an extra Queen (called a Minister). Author: Greg Strong. Inventor: Michael Corinthios.
- MiniXiangqi. S. Kusumoto's MiniXiangqi - Chinese Chess on a 7x7 board (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Nemesis Chess. Missing description Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Philip M. Cohen.
- Nemesis Chess. Some pawns are replaced by the Nemesis, which moves only toward the enemy king and cannot be captured by pawns or kings. Author: Ben M Reiniger. Inventor: Philip M. Cohen.
- Stereo Chess. 8 by 8 board with four 4 by 4 boards stacked on top of it. (x4, Cells: 128) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Gerhard W. Jensch.
- Ultrachess. Chess variant with two queens on 9 by 8 board. (9x8, Cells: 72) Author: John Ayer and Hans L. Bodlaender.
Total items listed: 20