- Football Chess. A Football/Soccer game played with Chess pieces. (9x9, Cells: 81) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Joseph Boyer.
- Football Chess. Pieces interact with a ball and each side tries to get the ball into the opposing goal. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Joseph Boyer.
- Grasshopper Chess. Each player has eight additional grasshoppers. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Joseph Boyer.
- Howell's Chess. The usual array and moves on a 10x10 board. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: C. S. Howell.
- Lion Chess. Queen, rook and bishops are cannons that must leap in order to capture. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Joseph Boyer.
- Lion Chess. Replaces the riders in Chess with hoppers. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Joseph Boyer.
- Powerchess. Variant on 10 by 10 board with additional queen and combination piece per player. (10x10, Cells: 100) Author: John Ayer.
|3 'Game' entries listed||2 'Java Program' entries listed|
|2 'Play by mail item' entries listed||3 'Large board' entries listed|
|1 'In a category all its own' entry listed||1 'Chess combined with some other game or sport' entry listed|
Total items listed: 7