- 10-directionaI Chess . Chess using the army invented by Jorg Knappen. It also includes his suggested variants of CwDA using his army.
- Almost Chess . One queen has combined rook and knight moves.
- Anti-King Chess . Each player has both a King and an Anti-King to protect; Anti-Kings are in check when not attacked.
- Bario . Pieces are undefined until they move.
- Barion . A variant of the chess variant Bario.
- Beginners Chess. Missing description
- Big Pawn Chess . Missing description
- Chazz . Only kings and pawns. Pawns can move backwards.
- Chess 2000 . Chess on 8 by 8 board with knight/rook and knight/bishop pieces.
- Chess without pawns . Variant where only kings can take and no pawns are used.
- Chessling . Variant where the board starts empty and each player can move or drop a piece, and the goal is capture of all opposing pieces.
- ChessVariants.zrf. 17 variants in 1 file.
- Chigorin Chess. White has knights instead of bishops and a chancellor for his queen; black has bishops instead of knights.
- Descent Chess Zillions file. . Start with a King and two Pawns, then move or drop one of the remaining pieces.
- Displacement Chess 2 . Chess with minor modifications and no opening theory!
- Fianchetto Chess . Rooks and bishops switched in opening setup.
- Fischer Random Chess . Play from a random setup.
- Fool's Chess. One pawn is replaced by a Fool.
- Free Placement chess . Game starts with players alternatingly placing pieces on board.
- FreePawnChess. Chess with more powerful pawns.
- French Revolution Chess . Advanced pawns threaten the noble pieces.
- FullBoard Chess . Missing description
- Iron Guard Chess. Instead of a queen, white has an Iron Guard who can move only to adjacent diagonal squares and cannot be captured.
- King to Bunker Leap . Includes Shuffle Chess and pre-Chess with new “bunker leap” king safety rules.
- King's Leap Chess. Variants with Chancellors (Knight+Rook) and old Russian Queens (Knight+Queen).
- Knightmate-Relay Chess . Played with a royal-knight and special movement rules for pieces a knight's move away.
- Legan's Chess . Normal set and board, different setup and pawn moves.
- Legler's Chess . Modest 1926 variant using an Archbishop and a Chancellor.
- LiQi . Very Strong Chss.
- Magna Carta Chess. lack has the FIDE array, White has a Marshal and an Archbishop instead of a Queen and King.
- Maxima . This ZRF enforces the checkmate condition in Maxima.
- Maxima . Maxima is an interesting and exiting variant of Ultima, with new elements that make Maxima more clear and dynamic.
- Michael's Chess. An elaboration of Lord Dunsany's Chess with varying Pawn sides.
- Neutral King Chess . V.R. Parton's game where two armies share a King both must try to mate.
- Odds Chess . Ways of giving a weaker opponent better odds.
- Palace Ninja Guards . A pair of short-range diagonal leapers and four extra squares are added to the standard chessboard and pieces.
- Paulowich's Chancellor Chess . A proposal to play chancellor chess with chancellors and queens in the corner on 8 by 8 board.
- Pawn Massacre Chess. Non-pawn pieces swap initial ranks.
- Pawn-Only Chess . Training chess variant. Only pawns, first promotion wins.
- Pierre Menard's Chess Variant. As described by Jorge Luis Borges.
- The Princess and The Warrior . Pieces' moves are limited by their current rank except for the two new pieces.
- R-Chess . Captured pieces are held in reserve and then dropped.
- Reduced Endgame Chess . Two kings and six pawns are used for practicing endgames.
- Rolling Kings . Kings must move along a predetermined path.
- Royal Queens Chess . Game with full board and all pieces are sliders or immobile and victory is by capture of all 8 opposing Queens.
- Ruddigore Chess . Chessgi variant where you can capture your own pieces, and every other turn you must capture or sacrifice a piece.
- Separate . Queens start trapped behind enemy lines.
- Skandaran Chess. Download Skandaran Chess at Zillions Website.
- Skirmish Chess . Pawns start on the 3rd and 6th ranks with no double-move, pieces on the 2nd and 7th ranks.
- Squadron Chess. Uses only one type of piece besides the King.
- Templar Chess . Features the unorthodox Templar on a board with eight extra squares.
- The Black Ghost . Black gets a teleporting Ghost piece that can not capture to balance White's first move advantage.
- Toe to Toe Chess . A variant of Sittuyin (Burmese Chess) with alternating setup, and powerful, short-range pieces.
- Transpose Chess . Sideways board, promote your pawns quickly.
- Triumvirate Chess . Uses three Knights. The last remaining opposing Knight must be checkmated as the King.
- Undecided Chess . Pieces begin in an undecided state until they move.
- Upside-Down Chess . White starts at the upper two rows, black at the bottom.
- Weak! . Black has 7 knights, and 16 pawns, White the usual array.
- ximeracak. . A fantasy variant designed for play with a standard set. (8x8, Cells: 64)
Total items listed: 59