- Accounting Chess . Modern Business Chess: win by capturing or indicting the opposing CEO (King), or bilking all of your Stockholders (Pawns).
- Amphibian Chess . Pieces capture by leaping when there's a square past the target, or by replacement when the target is on the edge.
- Assimilation Chess . Increase your material by assimilating your opponent's pieces.
- Assimilation Fusion Chess . A hybrid of Assimilation Chess and Fusion Chess. Pieces combine and split apart.
- Benedict Chess . Instead of being captured, enemy pieces switch sides.
- BomberChess . A pawn may be exploded, removing pieces on all 8 adjacent squares.
- Booster Chess . Pawns push friendly pieces.
- Brotherhood Chess . A piece cannot capture one of its own kind.
- Cannibal Chess . Pieces get the powers of a piece they take.
- Cannon Chess . Played on a 9x9 Shogi board, feature various types of 'Cannon' pieces.
- Chess without pawns . Variant where only kings can take and no pawns are used.
- Chessgi . Captured units become yours to drop onto the board.
- ChessVariants.zrf. 17 variants in 1 file.
- Cleopatra Chess . No captures, but your Cleopatra (Queen) can seduce opposing pieces to your side.
- Combining Knightmare Chess . When a single piece other than a Pawn or a King captures, it combines with that piece into a Knightmare either side may move.
- Dead Square . When pieces take, the square becomes impassible and all surrounding pieces disappear.
- Desert Benedict Chess. A hybrid of Desert Chess by Uwe Wiedemann and Benedict Chess by W.D Troyka.
- Desertion Chess . When you move next to opposing pieces, they desert to your side; win by converting or capturing all opposing pieces.
- Double-Ended Chess. Captures are by withdrawal and approach.
- Evolution Chess . Game where pieces add the abilities of pieces they capture.
- The Fellowship of the Ring . White may win by carrying a 'ring' to the other side of the board.
- Golem Chess . Variant where the Queen is replaced by the Golem, a piece that must be captured twice to remove it from play.
- Halfgi . A hybrid of Chessgi and Ralph Betza's Half Chess.
- Hostage Chess . Pieces taken are held hostage and can be exchanged against other pieces and then dropped.
- Hydra Chess . Captured pieces return. Regrown pieces will be of lesser value.
- Interweave . Game with elements of Checkers and Ultima where all pieces are colorbound and only capture pieces on the other color.
- Inverse Capture Chess . Pieces are captured the way they move.
- Kamikaze Chess. Capturing pieces also are removed.
- Kamikaze Chess . Capturing pieces also are removed.
- Karma Chess . A piece that has captured an opponent's piece is turned into one of better quality.
- King with a Shotgun . Twice each game, the King can make a non-moving Rook capture.
- Maxima . This ZRF enforces the checkmate condition in Maxima.
- Maxima . Maxima is an interesting and exiting variant of Ultima, with new elements that make Maxima more clear and dynamic.
- Mime Attack Chess . Pieces capture like the pieces they're capturing usually capture.
- Missile Chess. Missing description
- Mortal Chessgi . A Chessgi game in which captures reduce material.
- Must Capture Chess. Capturing is mandatory.
- Nuthouse . Missing description
- Paul Schoolong's chess . Missing description
- ProCycle Chess. Individual pieces promote one by level after each played move.
- Push Chess . Pieces don't capture, but instead push each other off of the board.
- Rebel Chess . King's Pawn is replaced by Recruiter piece that moves like an Alfil and can change a piece's side.
- Rifle Chess . Pieces are taken by shooting: capturing without moving.
- Robber Chess . Sliding pieces can make multiple captures, and the goal is to capture all opposing pieces.
- Ruddigore Chess . Chessgi variant where you can capture your own pieces, and every other turn you must capture or sacrifice a piece.
- Sudden Death Chess . A piece must be sacrificed after each non-capturing move.
- Switching Realms Chess . All noncapturing moves must change the board subset a piece occupies.
- Tank Chess . With exploding bombs and pushing tanks.
- This Game is for the Birds . Game where pieces fly past obstacles and some pieces capture by pecking.
- Toccata . A hexagonal variant inspired of Maxima.
- Traded Places Chess. An enemy piece is moved to your attacking piece's beginning position during its capturing move.
- Ultima . Version using Alfaerie graphics.
|52 'Zillions of Games file' entries listed||1 'Board with hexagonal shaped cells' entry listed|
|7 'In a category all its own' entries listed|
Total items listed: 52