- Border Wars . Game played on the 42 edges of a grid, with elements of Shogi and XiangQi.
- Border Wars II . Game played on line edges with Shogi-like aspects.
- Bottleneck Chess . Most pieces start the game locked up in two bottleneck parts of the board.
- The Bridge41 . 41 square board with bridge in the middle.
- Chess on a Board with 37 Squares . Game with full Chess arrays minus a Pawn on a 37 square board without any corners.
- Chess on a Soccer Ball . Chess played on the 20 hexagons and 12 pentagons of a soccer ball.
- Chess37 . A chess variant on a board with 37 squares where pieces outside of the center 9 squares move like Kings.
- Clash of Command . Chesslike game with pieces that change and leave behind other pieces on special board.
- Crazy 38's . On strange board with 38 squares.
- Cube+ . Three dimensional chess variant with 38 squares.
- Dino-Czars . Battle between rival dinosaurs on a board of 42 triangles, where facing counts.
- Dollar Chess . Almost 1-Dimensional Variant on a Dollar sign-shaped board.
- Fanorona Chess . Variant played on a Fanorona board with capture by approach and by withdrawal.
- Fusion Diamond 41 . A Fusion Chess variant played on a diamond shaped board of 41 squares.
- Hans 38 Gift Chess . Eric Greenwood's chess on a board with 38 squares.
- Hitchhiker Chess . Get your Hitchhiker to the Restaurant at the other End of the Board; inspired by Douglas Adams' books.
- Hopgi . Small-board variant of Chessgi with an L-shaped board, linked pairs of Kings, where all pieces can move like a Mao-hoppers.
- Horus . Game with Royal Falcons where all pieces start off board and most captures return pieces to owner's hand.
- Ladder Chess . Chess variant on a `skewed' board with 40 squares.
- Leap Chess . Game with manditory captures and other Checkers-like elements on a board of 44 squares.
- Med Chess . Diagonal board game with a mix of traditional, modern and Shogi pieces.
- Mercurial Chess . A variant on 42 squares with a satallite board and the rescure of captured pieces.
- Mini Slanted Escalator Chess . Chess on smaller asymmetric board.
- Narnia Chess . Chess, played on both the outside and inside of a social ball, with the Pentagons as "gateways" between the two.
- Prisoner's Escape . Free your Prisoner by getting it to an unattacked square -- a small board version of Anticheckmate Chess.
- Quad-Square Chess . Chess on a board of 38 squares, of which six have size two by two.
- Sankaku Shogi . Small Shogi variant played on a board of 44 triangles with no drops and a teleporting Emperor.
- Snake Chess . A variant played on a 2 by 12 cyclindrical board.
- String Chess. A one-dimensional variant with a fairy theme.
- Subway Chess . In a turn, player moves first middle subway part of board and then a piece.
- Thronschach . A game on 42-squares with throne squares, and an interesting mix of pieces.
- Trubix-43 . Unique piece and lines of movement on an hourglass board.
Total items listed: 32