- Alapo . Game with abstract pieces. Reach opponents first row on 6 by 6 board.
- Amphora . Chess variant inspired by game of Stone Warriors on wine bottle shaped board with 40 squares.
- Arena Chess 42 . Game with two boards totaling 42-squares where pieces captured on the large board move to the small board.
- Bachelor Chess . Win by mating your opponent, or marrying off your King.
- Black Holes . On 5 by 8 board with holes as pieces which also can be used for transport.
- Border Wars . Game played on the 42 edges of a grid, with elements of Shogi and XiangQi.
- Border Wars II . Game played on line edges with Shogi-like aspects.
- Bottleneck Chess . Most pieces start the game locked up in two bottleneck parts of the board.
- The Bridge41 . 41 square board with bridge in the middle.
- Bushi Shogi. Extremely small shogi variant played with cube pieces.
- Cannons and Crabs . A variant on a 7x6 board with Crabs (improved Pawns), and Cannons (leapers).
- Capture-the-flag Chess . A translation of the classic children's game to a 42-square board.
- Chameleon . Chess variant on board of 41 colored squares, where pieces change type depending on color of square the move to.
- Chameleon Chess . Each player has a King and 11 Chameleons whose moves are determined by the type of square they are on.
- Chess - The Speed Game . Chess on a 5 by 6 board.
- Chess in the Fast Lane . The 64-squares of a regular Chess board are grouped into 41 "regions" producing a small board that looks full size.
- Chess on a Board with 37 Squares . Game with full Chess arrays minus a Pawn on a 37 square board without any corners.
- Chess on a Soccer Ball . Chess played on the 20 hexagons and 12 pentagons of a soccer ball.
- Chess with Different Periods . A Turn-related variant of Los Alamos Chess. Players may play with many modest variants.
- Chess37 . A chess variant on a board with 37 squares where pieces outside of the center 9 squares move like Kings.
- Chessence . Variant on a 9 x 6 board with 8 missing squares, immobile Kings, and 9 pieces whose movement depends on their spatial relation.
- Clash of Command . Chesslike game with pieces that change and leave behind other pieces on special board.
- Combination Chess . Pieces give their movement capabilities to friendly pieces in their zone of influence.
- Convergent Chess . Attack king directly or move to its home square on board with 40 squares.
- Courtyard . Variant on 5 by 8 board.
- Crazy 38's . On strange board with 38 squares.
- Cube+ . Three dimensional chess variant with 38 squares.
- Cycle Chess . Variant on a board with 39 cells, three of which are special.
- Dart Chess . Chess on a 6x6 board with a new piece: the Dart.
- Demi Chess . Chess on a 4 by 8 board.
- Demi-Chess . Chess on a 4 by 8 board.
- Diamond Chess . Chess variant on diamond shaped board with 40 squares.
- Diana . Chess on a 6 by 6 board.
- Diana Chess . Chess on a 6 by 6 board.
- Dino-Czars . Battle between rival dinosaurs on a board of 42 triangles, where facing counts.
- Diplomat Chess . Round-board variant with a Diplomat to suborn opponents.
- Do-or-die Chazz . Pawns that can move backward and kings only on 5 by 8 board.
- Do-or-die Chess . Chess on 5 by 8 board: three rows removed.
- Dodl-schach . A truly small variant.
- Dollar Chess . Almost 1-Dimensional Variant on a Dollar sign-shaped board.
- Dueling Archbishops . Small chess variant on 2 by 3 board.
- Elena . Chess on 5 by 6 board.
- Elena Chess . Chess on 5 by 6 board.
- En passant Chess. Orthodox chess on a shortened board of only 7 rows. Encourages more en passant moves.
- Epsilon Eridani . A 44-square version of Achernar.
- Equestrian Chess . On diamond shaped board with reentry squares and different pieces.
- Eric's 40-square Fiasco . Game on 5 by 8 board with three pieces that start in reserve.
- Espionage Chess . Spy can only be captured in turn after it has moved in 41-square variant.
- Etcetera . This variant has some elements of Chinese Chess. Also, pieces cannot capture pieces of their own type.
- Evolution Chess . 42-square game where each player starts with 20 Knights that evolve and a King.
- Extended Half-Chess . Variant on 4 by 10 board.
- Family Matters Chess . Chess variant of warring families on 41 and 64 square boards.
- Fanorona Chess . Variant played on a Fanorona board with capture by approach and by withdrawal.
- Feeble Los Alamos Chess . Los Alamos Chess using Feeble pieces.
- Flip Chess . Pieces have two sides with different movements on board of 38 squares.
- FlipChess. Chess variant in which pieces keep changing state.
- Free Corners chess . In the corners of seven by seven board, three squares form together one field.
- Fusion Diamond 41 . A Fusion Chess variant played on a diamond shaped board of 41 squares.
- Gnu . Simple game featuring the Gnu as promotee.
- Goal Box Chess . Game on 42 squares with no King and the goal of placing pieces into 2 special squares.
- Guschess . Pieces can freely move in one of 38 areas on the board.
- Half Chess . On a 4 by 8 board without pawns.
- Halloween Knight Court . Halloween-themed variant on a tiny board.
- Hans 38 Gift Chess . Eric Greenwood's chess on a board with 38 squares.
- Hans 40 Gift Chess . Pieces are digits or letters and move like their form on 5 by 8 board.
- Heaven . Pieces trying to reach a goalfield can only move if in reach of a friendly piece.
- Hex 39 . Hexagonal chess variant on small board with simple rules.
- Hexapawn . Martin Gardner's miniature game of three pawns vs the pawns.
- Hexes Chess . Hexes Chess requires fewer chess pieces and a smaller board than conventional chess, but increases the mobility of each piece.
- Hexetera . Download Hexetera for ZOG! Also includes the game in squares: Etcetera!
- Hippodrome. Solitaire game using a small board.
- Hitchhiker Chess . Get your Hitchhiker to the Restaurant at the other End of the Board; inspired by Douglas Adams' books.
- Holy War . Variant with 6 by 6 board with four additional corner squares.
- Hopgi . Small-board variant of Chessgi with an L-shaped board, linked pairs of Kings, where all pieces can move like a Mao-hoppers.
- Horus . Game with Royal Falcons where all pieces start off board and most captures return pieces to owner's hand.
- Hourglass Chess . 38-Square board in shape of Hourglass.
- HP Minichess . Small chess variant that could be played against a pocket calculator.
- Infantry Chess . Small chess variant with short range pieces.
- Interdependent Chess . A 42 square variant in which pieces borrow capturing ability from other pieces.
- King and Queen . Variant on cross-shaped board with 39 squares.
- Kings and Pawns . Proprietary game on 8 by 7 board with two types of pieces and no capturing.
- Knight Court. Mate the knight with three pieces per player on a three by three board.
- Knight-Tac-Toe . Win by placing 3 pieces in a row.
- Knightsbridge . 14 knights against 14 knights on a 7 by 7 board.
- Ladder Chess . Chess variant on a `skewed' board with 40 squares.
- Leap Chess . Game with manditory captures and other Checkers-like elements on a board of 44 squares.
- Life, the Universe and Everything . 42-square double-move variant with unusual pieces, inspired by Douglas Adams' fiction.
- Little Dragon Chess . Modern small variant of Xiangqi on board of 41 squares.
- Los Alamos Chess . Chess on a 6x6 board.
- Los Alamos Extinction Chess with Bunkers . On 6 by 6 board with two additional bunkers, and extension chess rules.
- Magician Chess . Version using Alfaerie graphics.
- Magician Chess . Variant on 7 by 7 board with nine holes and magician able to move holes.
- Med Chess . Diagonal board game with a mix of traditional, modern and Shogi pieces.
- Mercurial Chess . A variant on 42 squares with a satallite board and the rescure of captured pieces.
- Microshogi . Small shogi variant on a 4 by 5 board.
- Mini Burmese Chess . Small variant of Burmese Chess.
- Mini Slanted Escalator Chess . Chess on smaller asymmetric board.
- Mini Thunder Chess . A small-scale hybrid of Metamorph Chess, Fusion Chess, and Assimilation Chess.
- Mono-dimensional Chess . Small, one dimensional variant with unorthodox pieces.
- Moon Chess . Played with a Xiangqi set, but with different rules.
- More10 . Chessvariant on a board with 10 squares.
- Mulligan Stew Chess . 42-Square Swapping-Mage Teleporting-Assassin Dual-Color-Bound-King Limited-Double-Move Leaping-Pawn Chess.
- Narnia Chess . Chess, played on both the outside and inside of a social ball, with the Pentagons as "gateways" between the two.
- Narrow Chess . Variant on 2 by 20 board.
- Neighbors . Try to capture the most pieces on a 42-square board completely filled with neutral pieces.
- Neutron 45 ZRF . Variant of the game Neutron on a 45-squared board.
- Oblique . Variant with board with 40 squares turned 45 degrees.
- Oblong Chess 44 . Missing description
- The One Ring . White wants to get the Ring to the far side and destroy it.
- Pachessi . Race and chess game on board formed by removing 3 by 3 square from center of 7 by 7 square.
- Panal: a hexagonal chess . A double-royal piece variant on a 61-hex board.
- Pawn Less Chess . Different pieces, no pawns, and 20 squares removed from the 8 by 8 board.
- Petty Chess . Missing description
- Philosophers Chess . Chess variant on two small boards with usual and `philosophical' piece.
- Pocket Polypiece Chess 43 . Game with off-board pocket where all pieces of a type change when one piece of a type is moved normally.
- Pompeii Chess . Variant on board with 25 squares.
- Prisoner's Escape . Free your Prisoner by getting it to an unattacked square -- a small board version of Anticheckmate Chess.
- Quad-Square Chess . Chess on a board of 38 squares, of which six have size two by two.
- Re. Drop pieces on a 5 by 5 board.
- Reenterent Chess . There is one additional square where taken pieces can wait to reenter 5 by 8 main area.
- Regenbogen . Unusual spectrum-based game with Wizards, Clerics and Spirits.
- Regulator Chess . Game on a 35 square board with a 7 square track on which a piece moves that determines how Knights and Bishops can move.
- Robber-Baron . Which of the seven robbers is the robber-baron?
- Rollerball . Chess race fight on board formed by removing 3 by 3 square from center of 7 by 7 square.
- Sankaku Shogi . Small Shogi variant played on a board of 44 triangles with no drops and a teleporting Emperor.
- Shifting Sands Chess . Special squares -- which can be dropped and moved -- change the types of pieces that land on them.
- Slide Chess . Variant on 44 squares with moving cages.
- Smegi . Arrows on squares show where pieces can go - crossover between Smess and Shogi.
- Snake Chess . A variant played on a 2 by 12 cyclindrical board.
- Snark Hunt . Variant with unequal armies on board with 41 squares, inspired by a poem of Lewis Carroll's.
- Spartan Chess 28 for Zillions . Zip file with Zillions rules file and graphics.
- String Chess. A one-dimensional variant with a fairy theme.
- Subway Chess . In a turn, player moves first middle subway part of board and then a piece.
- Symmetron! 44 . Most pieces move orthogonally or diagonally according to situation.
- Take Over Chess . Jump across pieces to take them over from your opponent.
- Tapestry . Chess on a four-color 6x6 board, with a 5 square control board.
- Thronschach . A game on 42-squares with throne squares, and an interesting mix of pieces.
- Tori Shogi. Bird Shogi.
- Toto40 . Staircase board with fighting line in the middle, inspired by Totolospi game of Hopi Indians.
- Toystore Chess. A problem-like Chess variant on a 5x5 board with free placement.
- Trubix . Chess variant on board with 41 squares.
- Trubix-43 . Unique piece and lines of movement on an hourglass board.
- Two Pipe Chess . Setup on 41-squares board looks like two tobacco pipes.
- Vietnamese Chess . Each player has a King, which captures cannon-style, and 11 non-capturing Pawns on a 25-intersection Alquerque-style board.
- Voidrider Chess . A 43 square variant with movable spaces.
- The Weak Square of the Jumping King . Kings start jumping around, dropping the other pieces on a board with 38 squares.
- Whale Shogi. Small Shogi variant.
- Wild Jokers . 7 by 7 board with 8 pits and various pieces, including jokers that can make successive jumps across pit.
- Xiangqi 42 . A minature version of Xiangqi (Chinese Chess) on 42 square.
- Ziggurat . Mesopotamian-themed variant on a 43 square board.
Total items listed: 150