- BlindChess. A blindfold program (optional board), good for training (DOS freeware).
- Bookie Chess. An online game generator which combines chess and gambling.
- Capablanca Chess program. A DOS program for Capablanca's chess, based upon GNU chess.
- Chaturanga. Computer game that plays Chaturanga and many other variations.
- Chess 2000. A program that plays Chess 2000.
- Color Chess. Freeware program playing variant on 36 colored squares.
- Dabbaba. Freeware program playing chess and a number of chess variants.
- Discochess. Distributed Chess.
- Edmarks' Strategy Challenges II Program. On their Website, you can download a demo that allows you to play the Jungle game against a human opponent on a PC.
- Fairy Forsythe Edwards Notation and ffen2htm. A tool to make webpages with chess variant diagrams.
- Fairy-Max. A chess engine configurable for playing a wide variety of chess variants.
- Fairy-Max. Free open source chess variant software.
- FairyGen. Generator for end-game tables with fairy pieces.
- ffen2htm . A tool to make webpages with chess variant diagrams.
- Fog of War Chess. Players can only see certain squares. Plays on a computer application.
- Giveaway Chess Puzzle. Computer game that you have to lose all of your own pieces to win.
- Joust. Missing description
- Keeps and Moats Chess. Computer Game -- beta test demo.
- KnightSweeper . Single player game similar to the Minesweeper computer game.
- Kriegspiel Referee. Program that serves as a Kriegspiel referee.
- Laser Chess. Shoot lasers in chess variant from computer program.
- NetBlitz Chess Program. Plays bughouse.
- Nuclear Chess . Program that plays Nuclear Chess on Linux or Mac OS X.
- Scatha. Simple open-source hexagonal chess playing engine.
- On ShareDebate International. Online BBS magazine, and software for chinese chess, Korean chess, and for making sets for these games.
- ShatraDev2 . Windows program to play Shatra against the computer.
- Shocky. A program that plays Shogi.
- Shogi Programs. Links to different programs that play Shogi.
- Shogi Software. Shogi Software.
- Shogi Variant Program. Home page of a freeware program, that allows humans to play shogi and 11 variants of shogi. (Link.).
- SMIRF. Program that plays various 8x10 chess variants.
- Sneaky. A WinBoard Compatible Chess Engine that plays Cheapmate Chess.
- The Sons of Mithra. Computer program for playing fantasy variant.
- SphereChess . Downloadable files to play a spherical chess variant.
- Thai Chess v1.0. Freeware program that plays Thai Chess. (Link.).
- Tommy's Towers. Description (no rules) of very large chess variant from DOS-program.
- Tommy's Toys. Has available a shareware program that plays the Jungle Game.
- Verve. A real-time, hidden information, chess variant for playing online!
- XieXie . Xiangqi Computer Program XieXieMaster 1.0.10 released!
Total items listed: 41