- 21st Century Chess. Missing description
- Ajax Orthodox Chess. Orthodox Chess with Ajax-Chessmen, and droping Ajax-Ministers.
- Alpaca Chess. An Alpaca, worth two pawns, is added to the standard piece context (with zrf).
- Bedlam. Play this hybrid of Fusion Chess, Metamorph Chess, and Chessgi.
- Castle Chess. As Fide-chess, but with extended castle: the king may jump three squares (with zrf).
- Clockwork Orange Chess. Condition your opponent's pieces to be non-violent.
- Fusion Chess. Play this variant in which pieces combine and split apart.
- Imposter Chess. Play this game! Exchange captured pieces in order to move Kings in different ways.
- Kings. Kings on the Game Courier.
- Mad Queen Shogi. Play this new Chess/Shogi hybrid on Game Courier.
- Metamorph Chess. Play this variant in which pieces frequently promote or demote.
- Multiple of 10 Checkmate. Variant where you can only checkmate or be checkmated on move 10, 20, 30, ect..
- Pyrrhus Chess. The Pyrrhus moves like a king but paralyzes enemy pieces at queen's distance (with zrf).
- Queen of the Night Chess. An over powered game on the Standard Board.
- Reformed Chess. Pawn can swap with an enemy piece located on the last rank, except king. Thusly, many more won endgames (zrf available).
- Rolling Kings. Play Rolling Kings online with Game Courier.
- Romanchenko's Chess. FIDE Chess trainer Romanchenko shifted the FIDE board in the middle to help his students think for themselves.
- Swedish Chess. Drop chess with regular pieces. Pieces dropped can relocate friendly pawns.
- Thunder Chess. Play this hybrid of Fusion, Assimilation, and Metamorph Chess.
- U-Chess. Play Unambiguous Three-Symbol Chess online.
|20 'Play by mail item' entries listed||2 'Large board' entries listed|
|1 'From ancient times' entry listed||1 'Chess combined with some other game or sport' entry listed|
Total items listed: 20