- 123456 Chess. Missing description
- Andernach. The capturing piece changes colors.
- Brotherhood Chess. A piece cannot capture one of its own kind.
- Cannonrider Chess. The Cannonrider moves differently depending on square colour: on white squares as a Nightrider; else as a Chinese Cannon.
- Chessgi. Play this hybrid of Chess and Shogi.
- Crazyhouse. Play this two-player version of Bughouse. (Recognized!)
- Dice Mate Chess. No capture; checkmate only happens if roll of the dice is favorable.
- Fugue. Based on Ultima and Rococo this game has pieces that capture in unusual ways.
- Gunnery Chess. Cannon pawns can leap over friendly piece and explode an enemy piece on the same file.
- Gunnery Chess (with Scorpions). The Scorpion pawns have the additional capability of cannon-like moves. Very advanced. Only recommendable to grandmasters!
- Hopper-Elk Chess. Pieces can hop over an enemy pawn and land directly behind it. The Elk moves differently depending on square colour.
- Hostage Chess. Play this Chessgi-like game in which no pieces change sides. (Recognized!)
- Imposter Chess. Play this game! Exchange captured pieces in order to move Kings in different ways.
- King's Guard Chess. Missing description
- Little Trio. Missing description
- Mortal Chessgi. Play this Chessgi variant in which each capture decreases material.
- Multiple of 10 Checkmate. Variant where you can only checkmate or be checkmated on move 10, 20, 30, ect..
- Nuclear Chess. Play Nuclear Chess on the Play-By-Mail System!
- Nuclear Chess Play-By-Mail game. Examine this game!
- Replacement Chess. Replace your opponent's men on the board after you capture them.
- Revised Chess. A revision of Fide-chess: a pawn on the seventh rank can also capture forwards. Makes chess much less drawish (with zrf).
- Rifle Chess. Take a move to capture an enemy piece without moving the capturing piece.
- Royal CannonChess. Pieces next to the king can capture forwards by a cannon leap.
- Ruddigore Chess. Play this Chessgi variant where you can capture your own pieces, and every other turn you must capture or sacrifice a piece!
- Suffocation Chess. FIDE setup with new capture.
- Toccata. A hexagonal variant inspired of Maxima.
Total items listed: 27