- 3d Minishogi. A variant originally devised for a contest that never materialised. (3x5x3, Cells: 45)
- Bird Shogi. Tori Shogi, or Bird Shogi. A variant of Japanese Chess on a 7 by 7 board. (7x7, Cells: 49)
- Bushi shogi. Shogi variant on a two-square board! Bushi means Samurai.
- Five-Minute Poppy Shogi. Small shogi variant on a 4 by 5 board. (4x5, Cells: 20)
- Gufuu Shogi . Tiny variant on a 2x3 board with four pieces.
- Half Shogi and Half Xiang Qi. Applying the principles of Half Chess to Oriental games. (5x9, Cells: 45)
- Hex Shogi 41. Hexagonal shogivariant on board with 41 squares. (Cells: 41)
- Ito Shogi. Missing description (1x21, Cells: 21)
- Judkin's Shogi. Small shogi variant on 6 by 6 board. (6x6, Cells: 36)
- Kozeriai. A 5x7 variant of Shogi. (5x7, Cells: 35)
- Kyoto Shogi. Modern 5x5 Shogi variant where pieces promote and unpromote with every move.
- Little Trio. Small variant combining Chess, Shogi, and Xiang-Qi. (7x7, Cells: 49)
- Microshogi. Small shogi variant on a 4 by 5 board. (4x5, Cells: 20)
- Minishogi. On a 5 by 5 board. (5x5, Cells: 25) (Recognized!)
- Minishogi setuper. Minishogi you can set up pieces at beginning of the game. (5x5, Cells: 25)
- Nana-Shogi. Shogi variant on a tiny board.
- Quarterboard. Small variant with no pawns and piece drops, inspired by Chess and Shogi.
- Sankaku Shogi. Small Shogi variant played on a board of 44 triangles with no drops and a teleporting Emperor. (7x8, Cells: 44)
- Shogi 59. Shogi on half of a 9x12 board. (9x13, Cells: 59)
- Sigma 4 Shogi. Missing description (7x7, Cells: 49)
- Tori Shogi. Tori Shogi, or Bird Shogi. A variant of Japanese Chess on a 7 by 7 board. (7x7, Cells: 49)
- Tori Shogi. A variant of Japanese Chess on a 7 by 7 board. (Link to Roger Hare's shogi site.).
- Whale Shogi. Shogi variant. (6x6, Cells: 36)
Total items listed: 23