- Chaturanga. Oldest known form of chess. (Recognized!) Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Courier Chess. A large historic variant from Medieval Europe. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Great Chess. An Indian/Turkish and very playable historic variant on a 10 by 10 board. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Romanchenko's Chess. FIDE Chess trainer Romanchenko shifted the FIDE board in the middle to help his students think for themselves. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good and Fergus Duniho. Inventor: V. Romanchenko.
- Shatra. Old game from the Altai from Russia, on special shaped board with draughts-like capture. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Shatranj. The widely played historic Arabian game, predecessor of modern chess. (Recognized!) Author: Fergus Duniho.
|6 'Play by mail item' entries listed||2 'Large board' entries listed|
|6 'From ancient times' entries listed||1 'Unorthodox shaped board' entry listed|
|1 'In a category all its own' entry listed|
Total items listed: 6