Starts with the letter 'Ze'
- Zebulon. German commercial game with bluffing with chess pieces and connection forming. (7x7) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Herbert Schuetzdeller.
- Zeitgeist. . Variant with simultaneous movement. Author: David Howe. Inventor: John Cooper.
- Zelda Chess. Sword-wielding pieces capture adjacent pieces with or without moving. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Adam Norberg.
- Zelig Chess. Game where the power of the pieces varies based on their position. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Stan Druben.
- Zeppelin Chess. Introducing the Zeppelin, which can fly to any empty square orthogonally (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Zero Relay Chess. Pieces can occcupy the same square and then relay their powers to each other. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Ralph Betza.
|6 'Game' entries listed||1 'Large board' entry listed|
|1 'Unorthodox shaped board' entry listed||1 'Sold commercially' entry listed|
|1 'Chess combined with some other game or sport' entry listed|
Total items listed: 6