Starts with the letter 'Y'
- Yagbap. A decimal Chess/Amazons hybrid. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Jared B. McComb.
- Yáng Qí. Yankee ingenuity adds new power to Chinese Chess. (9x10, Cells: 90) By Fergus Duniho.
- Yangsi. A very playable chess variant with 12 different pieces on a 10x10 board. By Adam DeWitt.
- Yari Shogi. Modern Shogi variant. (7x9, Cells: 63) By Christian Freeling.
- Year of the Pig Variants. Subvariants extending the forward moves in assorted previous variants old and new. By Charles Gilman.
- Yitong. Widely-played regional variant on Chinese Chess. (9x10, Cells: 90) Author: Stephen Leary.
- Yonin Shogi. 4-handed Shogi variant. (9x9, Cells: 81) Author: Jared B. McComb. Inventor: Ota Mitsuyasu.
- Yonin Toyang Mitregi. Four-player variant with returns from capture and promotion to Yang Qi pieces. (13x13, Cells: 169) By Charles Gilman.
- Yoto. Variant with heavy Xiang Qi influences marks Year of the Ox. (9x9, Cells: 81) By Charles Gilman.
- Yo[n]o Shogi. 4-player Shogi variant with all 8 kinds of piece (fewer of some) on a standard Shogi board. (9x9, Cells: 81) By Charles Gilman.
Total items listed: 10