Starts with the letter 'W'
- Wild Tamerlane Chess. This variant replaces a couple weaker pieces from Tamerlane II with stronger queen and griffin pieces. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Wildebeest Chess. Stars the Wildebeest which moves as knight or camel. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: R. Wayne Schmittberger.
- Wizard Chess. Missing description Author: Daniil Frolov. Inventor: Paul E. Newton and Andrew P. Newton.
- Wizard's War. Play this game with piece-creating Wizards and a board divided into arena and enchanted sections! Author: Tony Quintanilla and Michael Nelson. Inventor: Michael Nelson.
- Wormhole Chess. When a piece leaves a square, it `folds' together. By Fergus Duniho.
- Wuss. Introducing the weakening Wuss piece, which must move when attacked but can not capture. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Dan Troyka.
|6 'Play by mail item' entries listed||3 'Large board' entries listed|
|1 'In a category all its own' entry listed|
Total items listed: 6